Chapter 11

head my way over to the place X stores his belongings, my feet crunch on the fallen leaves and the frosty grass and twigs snap under the pressure. Kai and Irene could be still at the cave and I could be a few miles off our destination so my feet wander at a slow pace while I try and count how many trees there are. The number goes up extremely quickly and I eventually loose count.

I turned out I had barely moved an inch from my starting point when I give up and start to continue on my trek. The silence is new to me and I find myself getting lost in the wonders of being alone for the first time in years. The leaves have drifted from the trees and onto the floor but I do not let that put me off. Instead I smile and continue on. I stay silent until I walk into a bush. I feel the pricks of the holly leaves and screech before scampering around to see if I can walk past them. I have no such luck and when I emerge from thorns my legs are bleeding from the scratches and picks. I look down at my knees and sigh before wiping off the blood.

The forest slowly starts to clear and leave a clearing and a field and I realize I have no idea where to go from here. My kneecaps have other ideas and I turn right into a road filled with mud.

Deciding to not put off with the trek (no matter where Kai and Irene may be) I poof over to the entrance of the cave and sit down tapping my feet in a rhythm while I wait. I sit there for what feels like hours but as the seconds tick by it has only added up to around a minute or two. I've pulled out a streak of grass and started to half it. My boredom has reached the peak.

"Kai. KAI SHES ILL!" Irene yells from the beginning of the path over to me. There not in my field of vision yet her voice is audible from here.

"Irene.. IRRNE SHE CAN PROBABLY HEAR YOU!" Kai yells back. Kai. I do not hear Astoria so I make the risk of popping my head out and crossing my fingers.

As they come closer I can see them but they cannot see me or they ignore.

"She might be lost Kai because we didn't stop her. Olie could be puking in the woods"

I have to hold back my laughter seeing as now the intense pressure and gut is off me I fell fine. I decide to call what I did back in the cave guilt puking.

"Irene she would have followed us."

"Not necessarily." Irene continues, "Ast might have calmed her down"

"It's Ol. We never stood a chance."

"Don't be so pessimistic she can change!"

At that point I decide I've heard enough and appear from my hiding space with crossed arms and the words I say next come out with more venom than intended,

"I would've followed you do not control me!"

They let out a sigh and looking at me on the eyes.

I look at the two and smile while the scent of the smoke fills my nose, The tingling sensation increases my want to sneeze but I pull myself back and try to regulate myself without sneezing up snot everywhere making them believe I'm sicker than I am. The air brushes against me and increases the itches.

"Pineapple. Pineapple. Pineapple. Pineapple." I start to say the words reapeatedly while my voice fills and silence that consumed us. The trees blowing in the distance was our sound before but my words is not making the situation less awkward.

"Apples?" Irene asks confused by the thought process that is whirring through my brain, I can't find it in myself to pick up the question and I continue to chant pineapple like a broken mantra. She drops down beside and her purple hair engulfs my vision. All I can see is her never-ending purple hair that flows down like a mop above her head blocking out the emerald green that the grass grew. The hair tickles my nose more and I loose my control.