chapter 14

Astoria had every right to be worried.

Jelly had been gone for a day or two on a trip to Storm's alternate universe and now she was puking up everywhere. Astoria was not worried about her own health seeing as a ghost should not be able to produce a substance like the vomit that was exploding from her mouth let alone get ill enough to throw up in the first place. The second she stopped her phone started to vibrating, weakly, she untangled it from the feathers (that was what happened when you fell asleep with wings and a phone on you) and before the caller could go to voicemail she swiped the green button over to the right allowing Storm to calmly speak, "We might of gave Jelly caffeine." There is a distant sound of glass shattering and Storms partners trying to get their child to calm down and stop chasing after Jelly.

Astoria stood up and dusted herself off before speaking to the machine that was held against her ear, "I'm on my way, do not engage with him please." She hurriedly shoved the phone in her skirt pocket and opened a portal ignoring X DT Quinn and Glitchy's confused stares. She was about to walk through it when she turned to X,

"If Quinn and Glitchy act cute get a picture and tell me, Olie will slaughter me when I come back to life, if I do not get everything they do."

X nodded before looking back at his book from under the table instead of watching her take her foot into the portal and fall into the flier's world with grace that could only be acquired after four hundred years of the practise of the sport called world hopping. She fell face flat onto the floor (which was fortunately grass otherwise many people would be worried about the fact she has more brain damage than Olie has dealt to Kai) and stayed in that position for minutes before hoisting herself up and looking around trying to find where Jelly could possibly be.

It was not that hard to find him.

Astoria looked around for an average of one minute when she saw the grey gloop coming off from a nest and she ran after it.

"STORM STORM DO NOT TRY AND SAVE THE VASE...." She yelled only to trail off when her head was forced to her neck when a vase flew out of the window and onto her toe. Astoria wanted to continue to yell up the tree but that was not happening. Instead she now had caffeine dripping down her neck in the form of coke. It was never a pleasant feeling but it meant one thing.

Jelly was calming down.

Astoria was thankful for that. It meant she would not be holding a blob in her hands who did not want to be pacified. Last time she had ran after a wild Amelia who was screaming all about her private life and what she had done. Astoria bit her lip back and decided even when intoxicated Jelly was not the unloyal.

"ASTORIA WE NEED YOU HE'S SCREAMING ABOUT CUDDLES AND FLUFF AND HOW YOU ONCE FELL ASLEEP WITH A BLOB ON YOUR MOUTH!"

She sighed and took her words back. That was something she had thought not even Olie could dig up from the shambles but now the shipper had another clue to every single embarrassing stunt she had pulled. It could be when she got drunk on tree sap.

The idea of that memory being revealed was enough for Astoria to not wait any longer. Even when sober a toxicated blob was dangerous and easy at getting secrets out of.

Astoria sighed and looked up at the tree the flock were living in before she placed one hand on a branch and gripped it. She gritted her teeth before she placed her foot slightly below her arm. Once her whole body was clinging to the tree, Astoria yanked herself up and started to scale the tree at a hasty pace ignoring the fact she had a mixture of hot and sticky substances trickling down her neck. There was nothing she could do now but help Storm calm down and tidy up. Once on the first branch she stood on and walked along it as if she tread carefully on a tightrope in the circus. Her brain was in a whir off panic before she thought she was far enough.