ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

Having no where to run to, Cami throws herself from the balcony onto the church floor. Hurt from the fall she begins to crawl frantically up the aisle between the pews, desperately trying to get away, but Kieran only follows.

"Don't fight it, Cami. In death, we are whole again." Kieran sneers, he throws Cami against the pews, shattering them.

She desperately tries to reach a piece of broken wood, a stake, but Kieran grabs her ankle, dragging her backwards towards the altar. Cami screams, kicking and clawing, trying to break free, but it's no use.

Father Kieran is seeing the spirits of Bastianna and Sean, the hex messing with his mind, they urge him to kill Cami.

"Bless her, father. Kill her." Bastianna says.

"Rejoice in eternal life." Adds his nephew.

Kieran scrambles towards Cami, but Klaus appears, he grabs the priest from behind and pulls him away from the human. Silently, the hybrid asks Cami if he should kill her uncle. She nods, and Klaus jams a stake into Father Kieran's heart.

"You deserved far better than this." Klaus says, as he lowers Kieran's dead, grey body to the church floor.

- Cami's apartment -

Klaus is watching as Cami lies silently on her bed, his phone is pressed to his ear. Marcel answers with no greeting, he simply starts to fight his corner.

"Klaus, you need to know I had nothing to do with that business out in the Bayou today." He says.

"I never thought you did. I'm calling to let you know the priest is dead. Your exile is suspended for the next twenty four hours. You may return to the Quarter to bury your friend." Klaus tells him.

"Why are you doing this?" Marcel asks him.

"She woke in the dark not knowing where she was, or who was watching over her. It was your name she called, and if you can grant her comfort, so be it." Klaus tells him, referring to Cami.

Shortly afterwards, Marcel arrives and Klaus opens the door, letting his old friend, now enemy, in. Marcel goes to Cami's room, pulling her in to a comforting hug.

Klaus turns, leaving and heading out to the French Quarter, phone to ear once more. He's eager to hear if she's okay. The phone rings twice before she answers.

"Klaus!" Lunar exclaims into the phone, she's sat with Eve's dead body, covering the dead werewolf with a sheet, and had just been thinking about calling him. "How did things go with the priest?"

"He's dead. Far messier than planned." Klaus says, saving the details for another time. "Your pack?"

Lunar glances out the window, Ollie is continuing to shout and rile up the wolves surrounding the bonfire. "I don't even know where to start, Nik." Lunar sighs, sinking into a wooden chair. "Ollie was the one who made the deal with Francesca, and he's using it to gain power."

"Well, he never seemed very smart to me but I didn't think he was quite so deluded." Klaus remarks.

"Believe me, I grew up with him, and it's a surprise. Actually, maybe not so much. But, still." Lunar sighs.

"When are you coming home, little wolf?" Klaus asks now, and Lunar feels her heart drop. "I can compel the finest chef to make us dinner." He grins.

"Nik, that's the thing.." Lunar trails off for a moment, trying to find the courage and the words. "Elijah's already left. I'm staying."

"Your what? Are you out of your mind? Do I need to remind you that one of those wolves almost got you killed this morning?" Klaus yells, Lunar can feel his anger through the phone.