[Chapter One]

Começar do início

“That sounds actually really nice.” dad agreed.

“Yeah, but mom,” I turned to her, “I was wondering if you would do some paintings for the walls in there for decoration.”

“What kind of paintings?” she asked curiously.

“Abstract, nature, anything school related.”

“I’ll work on them when I have time, but I want a contract saying they won’t be sold without permission.”

“Done” I smiled, I was just a bucket of smiles today!

“I already started the planning and searching for companies and the design,” I stated “It’s going to be two stories, connecting to the school on both. The upper floor is only going to be a half floor, the design allows for it to be easily watched.”

“Well it looks like you already have it all planned out.” My mom said amused

“Are you kidding? I’ve been pretty much obsessing with this since freshman year when I saw their library. I already know how I want it to look when it’s finished. I’ve done sketches and already found places I would hire.”

“Slow down baby, you just got the go a half hour ago.” My dad put his hands on my shoulders and I took a deep breath. My parents were the best and such kind hearted people.

They were successful in what they did but they didn’t try to keep it all to themselves, they donated to so many charities and we threw balls all the time to raise money for one cause or another. I got my values somewhere and I’m glad I did.

“The upper floor will connect to the silent room. There will actually be windows,” I exclaimed not being able to be calm any longer and wanting to tell them everything “with my plan, there will be room for about 22,000 books. It all depends on how much money I can raise on how many books I can order, but I can always update it during the year.”

My parents just shook their heads growing more amused with my by the minute

“You can order the books from the company for 25% off, and really, we aren’t spending that much, I figure if were giving you $225,000, if you order through us, were going to be getting back nearly $200,000 depending on the books and amount you order.”

“See why didn’t we do this earlier?” I asked “Wait, what made you change your mind?” I asked curiously.

“We didn’t change our minds, this was always the plan. Freshman year, you were passionate about this but too young to follow through on such a big project, and we wanted it to be all you, so your mother and I decided then that we would wait till summer before your senior year.” Dad said

“Now the school will be mostly empty for the build, and it won’t cause too much problem,” Mom continued “The shelving, book order lists, and decorating will have to be done during school if you can handle it.”

“I can do it, promise. If I need help, I’ll ask!” I shouted afraid they would change their minds

“If this starts impacting any of your grades” My mom started

“It won’t, I promise! School comes first, and I have no intention of letting my GPA drop.” I was top of my class and I was damn determined to keep it that way.

“Good girl.” My dad said approvingly.

I looked into the kind eves of my parents and saw how excited they were for me to be able to do this. I’ve helped them with a lot of things and made investments of my own, I work and I prove to them I can set my mind to something and accomplish it.

I know I can do this and it means so much to me that they believe in me too.

My parents were still pretty young and with my being their only child we were really close. My mom was told she wouldn’t even be able to have kids and that created a special bond with them, I was their miracle child.

I shared my mom’s bright blonde hair that I expected to darken since my fathers was dark and I was always grateful for getting my mother’s bright blue eyes over my father’s hazel. 

“Well I’m off to go plan and hire a contractor and maybe an architect,” I stated happily “Did you create an account for this yet?” I asked.

“Yes, we just added it to the account you already had. Which reminds me, have you had that $75,000 in there since freshman year?” dad raised an eye brow.

“Yes, there’s a bit more than $75,000 now,” I smiled, “Thank you, Thank you. I love you guys so much,” I said as I hugged them to death, “Now I’m off!” I skipped out of the room and into my office above my room to get going. I wanted this building done in three months and with the size I had if I didn’t start now it wouldn’t be.