Volume 6: Losing my Best Friend

Start from the beginning

Me: LIGHT EM' UP!!

My fireteam immediately started going to town, using most of their weaponry equally to get an equilibrium built. As soon as all of them died, a massive explosion rang out throughout the facility.

Cayde: Hang on! Who's blowing stuff up without me?

Me: Whoever it is, they're bouta die.

Petra: I'm going to get eyes on that explosion. You guys keep trying to lock down the area, and join me when you can.

Me: No need. We're on our way...

Petra: Okay, scratch that first part... the sooner you guys get here the better, since that blast opened up a bunch of cell blocks.

We make it to Petra a few minutes later.

Petra: I love field work!

Me: Glad you do, Venj.

Petra: Unfortunately, that explosion killed security in the lower decks.

She walks to another door and into it.

Venj: I'm going to go check on the high value prisoners down there. Harem, it's your job, as well as Cayde's, to get to the security hub and get Security back online.

Me: Copy... Harem, let's light it up. Ghost, please?

Ghost: I think I already know what song you want! Playing Light it up by Camellia now.

As soon as we step into the next cell block, tons upon tons of enemies come after us... and Light it up plays.

It sounds like a normal track first, but after a few seconds, it goes into a hyperdrive-like state... let's do this!

To the beat of the track, we start killing everything in our path. I'm actually really happy that this track exists.

Cayde: What're you guys at? I'm at 16... 17... 18!

Me: More than we can count, Cayde!

Cayde: Damn it!

I laugh as we continue to get attacked by a huge army. Yang saves our asses, however, with her powerful Hammer of Sol. Not even another minute later, they're all dead.

We meet Cayde again, a little later as he shoots a Centurion a couple times with his Golden Gun, making it vaporize.

Cayde (while tossing a grenade): Can I just say that I'm having the time of my life?

That grenade he threw makes a mushroom cloud while I hear a bunch of Cabal dying.

Me: WOO!

We continue to murder mobs on our way to the security hub... when we get to a catwalk, Ghost speaks.

Ghost: We're approaching the security hub now, Petra.

Venj: Copy that. Everything's gone dark around here, so I'm stuck taking the long way to Supermax.

Me: Understood... let's hope the prisoners down there haven't broke containment yet.

We get to another side of the catwalk and to a door that opens to reveal Cayde jumping on a Cabal.

Cayde: LOOK OUT BELOW!

He knifes it as it stumbles backward near a pit.

Cayde: Woah woah! WOAH WOAH!! THIS IS NOT PART OF THE PLAAAAAAANNN!!