After Red War: Fixing a Time Anomaly

While I be a slacker and not write canon things during the Red War, I'm going to make a special little chapter here dedicated to Neo. I simply just gotta do this.

After the Red War (Read the damn chapter title)

So currently, I'm hunting on Nessus with Neo next to me. Supposedly, there's a time anomaly here...

Neo's Ghost: Hey, Y/N?

Me: Hmm? What's up?

N.G.: Well... you wanna know why Neo's a mute?

I stop when everything is dead around me and we hide.

Me: What do you mean? Is it not biological?

N.G.: No... it's a wound that's so old that I can't fix it. Neo's been thinking about telling you about that... she would speak if she could, but Cinder caught her looking through some plans. After that happened, she got drained of her Aura, then she get shot in the vocal cords with a dust-infused bullet.

That strikes an entire pang of sadness through my body.

Me: Who... who the hell did such a thing?!

N.G.: Well... some of the White Fang did it to her. Cinder ordered them to do it.

Me: What?! No... she... there's no way!

N.G.: Neo remembers it, she swears on her life... plus, the vocal cord damage is truthful.

My Ghost: From body scans... the vocal cords ARE indeed severed and severely burned beyond repair with normal healing. She would normally require surgery.

I look at Neo as we both take off our helmets. She smiles fairly sadly and I stare with disbelief in my eyes...

Me: No... I can't accept this. Ghost... check out the anomaly and where it leads to... if it heads to the right zone, we're going in.

N.G.: What?! Are you insane?! Just so you can save her?!

Me: I can't stand to see one of my girlfriends suffer because of some assholes that made her this way. Ghost, what's my luck?

Ghost: I don't know what the hell your luck is, it's that lucky. It's dating to EXACTLY a couple hours before she got shot. You can maybe perform a time distortion and intervention. It shouldn't be terrible if you just get it done with assassination tactics.

Me: Sounds good. If Past Neo doesn't see me and I assassinate the people that would discover her... I should be able to save her voice from being unusable.

N.G.: THIS IS HIGHLY DANGEROUS, Y/N!! You will be jeopardizing the timeline!!

Me: I've been careful before. Plus... Ghost, set a respawn/checkpoint thing when we get in. If we get detected, I want you to trigger a death and set us back, just like a Restricted Zone.

Ghost: I can probably do that... let's hope this works... the portal should be ahead right about now!

I look and see a bluish portal ahead of us.

Ghost: Set down a transmat beacon here. If my new systems work right, it should drag us back to the real timeline after the mission.

I set down a temporary beacon and Neo stands by my side.

Me: Alright... I'm doing this one just for you, Neo. I can't believe I was actually this lucky... but yeah. Ready?

She nods and we jump in together. Our vision goes into a duller state of colors, then we see the Warehouse from Roman's ventures.

Cinder: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!

Neo: AH!!

I hear the sounds of her screaming as she tries to run. I need to hurry!