Volume 6: Losing my Best Friend

Harem's been called out...

We've been tasked with helping Petra Venj, one of my oldest friends, with protecting the Prison Of Elders... there's been a breakout.

My harem and Cayde all step out of our ships as we meet Petra Venj, outside the entrance to the Prison of Elders.

Cayde: Petra Venj... thanks for the invite!

Petra sees me and smiles...

Petra: Long time, no see, Y/N. Good to see you.

Me: You as well, Petra.

A couple of my girls are confused.

Ruby: Uh... Y/N? Who's this?

Me: Oh... I forgot to introduce you guys... Petra, this is the biggest fireteam in history, Fireteam Harem... my fireteam. Harem, this is an old friend of mine named Petra Venj... we used to work together a lot when some of the Fallen were trying to mess with Vex tech.

Yang: Like good ole' Cayde?

Cayde: Aye! Shut up about that! It was an accident.

Yang laughs a lot.

Me: Anywho... what're we doing for this party? Whatcha got?

Petra: Oh... the usual.

She smirks as she draws her knifu.

Cayde: Oh-oh-oh-oh! Do the thing!

He turns to the Harem.

Cayde: Seriously, watch this.

Petra takes a second to somehow magically float her knife and spin it a couple times. She catches it and Cayde shudders.

Cayde: Urghh... that'll never not freak me out... Do it again!

Petra: Later.

She puts her knife away.

Petra: Maybe. Right now, Gen-Pop is running wild. Fortunately, the main arena and lower levels remain on lockdown. But if the core security systems fail... containment is going to be... a problem.

Cayde stands stoically.

Cayde: Just another day at the office...

I laugh a little to myself. Then, Cayde pulls out his famous Hand Cannon.

Cayde: All right, partners. This is a Cayde riff in 6. Watch me for the changes and, uh... try to keep up.

I smirk as I pull out both Last Words.

Me: No problem, man. Shall we?

Cayde: LET'S GO TO PRISON!

He jumps down a large pit.

Cayde: WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

I hear shots fire as he starts to kill things...

Me: Alright, team. This is a large Strike operation. Shoot any creatures of Darkness to kill... our main objective is to quell this prison outbreak... ready?

Harem: BONZAII!!

Me: LET'S GET IT IN!!

We charge and start to dig in.

Cayde: Oho! These guys REALLY wanna dance!

Petra: This riot HAS to end here! If these killers get out, the Reef will be overrun.

Me: So we split up and take them out!

Cayde: And a one, two, three!

We get into one of the wings and it's almost perfectly destroyed. Darkness was everywhere!