Chap.23

Lais POV

Walking backwards down the stairs , dragging my mattress down. I almost slipped 3 times. Mari is here.

"You alright?"

"Yea."

The door bell rings.

"Can you get it Mari."

I can hear when she opens the door.  I return to pulling the mattress.

"Oh Lais you shouldn't be doing that"

"Fine"

 I let that shit go . If it breaks something, I don't care. Its not my house anymore.

"He meant let someone take it from you"

"Tell me that then Jay"

"You could've broke something"

"I don't care."

I want back upstairs and grabbed the box-spring and pulled it down the stairs. The box spring is way lighter. I kept pulling  it until i got to the last  stair.Ray and  Jay come take it he puts it against the wall

We move things down the stairs and everywhere. First we put my dresser in side . Then the mattress and box spring on  the other side. Next Elijah and Jay put my fridge in  the truck  . We the head board in. Then the dinning  set . We all  We're helping. After we got all the big things out the way, the boys sat down. While we put the boxes in the truck.

"You excited to move?"

"Yea I was getting tired of being around my dad"

"Do you even like him"

"Not really, he always  been inconsiderate. He still married to  my momma he  wouldn't signed the divorce papers. Originally he came out her to be with Ray mom. But she wouldn't do that to my momma. My dad has 10 kids. 7 from my mom and the other ones he don't ever take care of. He's just annoying. My sister told me that he raped her the night before she got married."

" Oh foreal?"

Mari always gotta confirm something.

"I know its true because both of my sisters told me that. They scared to take him  to jail."

"Which one of you sister"

"Lenay and Liberty."

"How old are they now?"

"Lenay is 24 and Liberty is 21."

"You got any Nieces and Nephews?"

"Nah I have gonna have the grand baby in the pack"

"Lets get back to moving cause people really be question us"

"Good Nye"

We all go grab boxes .    We all grab a few. After all the boxes we were finished. We were done. We moved every thing into  the new place. Then were going to this Shogun's ( its the name of it in NY anywhere else I don't know)  We all had a good time . Of course we had our say about who payed . So it annoyed me o the fullest.

On the drive back to my house it was pretty boring . I thanked everyone and they left.Except Jay. Me and Him walked around to check if I left anything in the house. We didn't. Jacob gonna meet me at my new place. He's gonna help me organize and he's gonna stay the night. For my first night.