"I really can't understand what you're going on about... sir I'm so sorry for bothering you at a late time like this, but I must go and save my friend Violet." With that, I hung up on the stranger and dropped the burner phone on the table in front of me. What was I going to do now? There wasn't anywhere I could go, I don't particularly feel like returning home without V! All I could do to stop the growing shake in my hands was to take a chug from the big red coffee mug. Thank God for those annoying waitresses!

It had been maybe an hour and a half since that mess of a 'rescue mission', and I had spent my time finishing off mug after mug of coffee. Yes, it seemed I still couldn't say no to the smiley waitresses. Speak of the devil and she will appear, "Hello ma'am would you like a refill?" I look up at the woman tiredly and slowly nod my head, proceeding to move the empty mug closer to the edge of the table. It had become almost like a routine of ours: accept the refill, move the cup closer to her out of manner, she would pour, I would finish the scalding drink, and the waitress would return 15 minutes later with her perky smile and overdrawn eyebrows. Don't ask me what I've got against waitresses, ok? Mickey Mouse could walk up to me and I'd probably roll my eyes - I'm not in the best of moods as of now if you hadn't noticed. "Make that two Miz."

Looking up I could see a middle-aged man slip into the booth across from me, he had a lumberjack vibe going for him with his ripped jeans and a red flannel shirt. His hair was peppered black and white but partly covered with a back-to-front snapback, he had peppered facial hair too - like he'd just left his beard to grow out.

 His hair was peppered black and white but partly covered with a back-to-front snapback, he had peppered facial hair too - like he'd just left his beard to grow out

A.N) Nick ^^^^^^^^

"Uhm?" I stuttered while all the waitress did was pour him a mug of caffeine too. What was she doing? Traitor! "Now what did I say about umming and ahhing little lady?" That's ridiculous... It was the same man I had just spoken to. I had given him no clue as to where I was yet here he was, sat across from me in this little old diner. What. a. night.

"How did you find me? Sir, no offence but this does look a little strange all things considering... you know, I told you NOTHING of where I am or of who I am!" I was half amazed and half terrified - was he somehow involved with my kidnappers? Or maybe he was telling the truth, maybe he did know V. She always was a little suspicious, and tracking someone down didn't seem totally out of the question when it came to her, I mean she found me! "Now I'm sorry to scare you miz - I tracked your IP address when you called me and when I saw you were at this here fine diner, I searched through the live cameras and I could actually see you right here missy on the phone with me! How wonderful is that there, I was looking at you while you listened-" I stopped him there, it seemed the man had a tendency to go off on a tangent and we didn't have the time for it. "I'm sorry to stop you there sir, ah, uh- sorry, what is your name?" It seemed like the right thing to do, "Nick is the name little miz, and what would yours be child?" I stopped to think whether telling him my name was smart, there is a rule against talking to strangers... but the man - sorry, Nick - probably already knew my name already and asking me was just the polite way to continue the conversation. He was an alright man, "It's Kylie, but my friends call me Ky."