And just when Cassandra the least expected it, she heard a clicking sound, and the door handle moved. The entrance opened, revealing Elsa herself with her eyes filled with tears of both joy and sorrow. "I do. And even if I could have anyone in the world, I'd still choose you. I meant what I said in Ahtohallan." She took a step closer and cupped Cassandra's face in her hand, holding her gently. "I love you." And with one motion, their faces slowly moved forward, their lips touched, and they kissed.

Elsa's mouth tasted as divine as ever as it moved against Cassandra's, lips dancing with a sweet, tender rhythm. Cass wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist, pulling her against her toned body. After ages, they pulled apart, both women smiling. "I knew you love me. I just wanted to makes sure you know I love you too." Cass said, her gaze lingering in the blonde's blue eyes.

The Arendellian laughed and stroked Cassandra's slightly flushed cheek with her thumb. "Liar."

"That's Anna's line."

Sighing, the former queen allowed her arms to fall on the princess' shoulder lazily, her smile fading as she realised everything that Cassandra just said. "You seriously thought I wouldn't choose you."

"Maybe." The warrior leaned down and whispered into Elsa's ear, her hot breath tickling her skin as a shiver ran down the blonde's spine.

"I knew it." She sighed and whimpered as Cassandra pressed her lips against her smooth neck, showering her with soft, open-mouthed kisses. This closeness, after years of being apart, felt like they died and went straight to heaven.

"You're so smart, my love." Suddenly, Cassandra's body felt too hot against Elsa's, but every inch of her begged not to push the warrior away.

Her teeth gently sank into the blonde's flesh, earning gasp in response. "Stop."

Yearning bodies still pressed together, they moved inside the room, and Cass slammed the door behind herself, guiding them towards Elsa's bed. "Make me." The warrior smirked as they switched positions, her falling on the bed with Elsa on top.

-

"Here." Zander placed a small bottle in Cassandra's hand, hoping that she will put it to good use. "Good luck, Cass, you'll need it. I have no idea what you're planning to do with that,"  He squeezed the bottle and Cassandra's hand a little. "but don't get yourself killed, okay? I'm gonna kick your ass if I need to take the throne because of you."

The younger warrior chuckled, taking the bottle and putting it in her leather ammunition pouch attached to her belt. "I'm sure you'd make a lovely king. The ladies would die to have a chance to talk with you."

"They already do." The man grinned, but it quickly faded into a serious expression. "All jokes aside, don't die, you stubborn idiot. Make your mother proud and kick Wulfacar's ass for everyone who died or got hurt because of him."

Cass nodded, smiling lovingly at her uncle as she spoke softly. "I will." Zander walked away and joined the rest of the army, guiding the people of Arendelle into the Enchanted Forest, leaving the crown princess alone in the entire kingdom.

It felt...lonely. Everyone's journey separated from hers, but she knew that owning the only heart beating in the entire kingdom is not something that anyone could take. Perhaps others would panic, not knowing who to call in the times of need. But the loneliness kills slowly, every day just a little bit more, a shadow to each moment. Perhaps Cassandra preferred being alone. But whenever she saw a mother with a child, a pair of lovers or a group of friends, she realised that she didn't want to be alone anymore. And with no one to company her today, even the sky seemed darker, the clouds blocking away the rising sun, the beginning of the new, faithful day.