Unstable Chinese Republic [Arc 2.6]

Magsimula sa umpisa

“Thanks Cheng boss, thanks Cheng boss.” Liu er held the silver with two hands, continuously bending his waist to thank him. But inwardly he was disdainful, just these few silvers, he actually made it out to be some sort of reward.

Cheng Jiaming removed his makeup and changed his clothes, and came to Wei Tianxiong’s side, giving Yang Wangkun and Wei Tianxiong a toast. Wei Tianxiong let him sit down at his side, this let him feel he had a lot of face. Here with so many guests, only he was able to sit next to Wei commander.

In a corner separated by fabric, Jing Yang sat in the back by himself drinking tea, Wu troupe master lifted the fabric and entered. “Jun boss in front sang Farewell My Concubine, that singing skill was really quite good, receiving a standing ovation.”

“Is that so?” Jing Yang rocked the teacup in his hands, and after staying silent for a while, he smiled. “Then let us also perform Farewell My Concubine.”

“We’ll also sing Farewell My Concubine?” Wu troupe master froze. “Then aren’t we repeating with Cheng boss?”

“Only with repetition can there be comparison, who is superior or inferior will also naturally become apparent.” Jing Yang said. “You can perform the conqueror.”

“But…, we never practiced this before, if we aren’t able to coordinate well…” Wu troupe master hesitated.

“Don’t worry, in the past how you sang it, just do it like that now, I’ll be able to coordinate with you.” Jing Yang placed down his tea cup and began to put on his makeup.

Wu troupe master stood there for a while, and seeing that Jing Yang had already started dressing up, he could only turn around and also start dressing up.

When Wu troupe master came on stage and only sang two lines, the people below all froze. How could it be that Wu troupe was also performing Farewell My Concubine? The guests all looked at each other in confusion, not understanding the situation.

At the main table, Wei Tianxiong and Cheng Jiaming were also somewhat surprised, they had all thought, Wu troupe would again sing The Drunken Beauty, and had never thought that they would sing the same opera as Cheng troupe. Even if they had previously decided to sing Farewell My Concubine, but after Cheng troupe had already sung it before them, and even sung it quite well, they actually didn’t avoid it or change to a different opera.

Cheng Jiaming was totally disdainful in his heart, ridiculing Wu troupe for overestimating their capability. Wei Tianxiong though actually somewhat looked forward to Jun boss’s performance. Out of everyone, only Yang Wangkun’s eyes showed a trace of indiscernible thoughts, he felt that this Jun boss, definitely did it on purpose.

Jing Yang held twin swords and stepped on stage, his dignified manner contained beauty, his lovely charm contained magnanimity. His sword dance was valiant and formidable, truly causing people to be captivated.

“Good!” Wei Tianxiong loudly cheered, the guests below also followed with applause.

Different from the mellow, sweet, and clear voice of the Drunken Beauty, he took the Yu concubine’s exquisite and happy, beautiful and pleasant voice, and expressed it to perfection.

With the previous performance as comparison, who sang it better, the people there all had made a judgment in their hearts. This Jun boss, no matter whether it was his posture or vocal or movements, they were all unsurpassed ah.