Gourmet Food Heir [Arc 1.1]

Start from the beginning

Thinking that in the future Zheng Jianlin would be his son-in-law and help him manage the family business that had been handed down for generations, Lu Deyuan put great care into rigorously instructing Zheng Jianlin, not only teaching him cooking, but also severely correcting his integrity, conduct, temperament, and character.

Zheng Jianlin’s performance was also not bad, earnest and diligent, and no longer had those crooked thoughts. This let Lu Deyuan think that he had already thoroughly changed, and not until the time when he thought he could be relieved to pass his daughter and family business to him, Lu Deyuan finally found out that Zheng Jianlin’s performance for those years were only because his acting was too good. Once he started acting then continued for over ten years, and in fact inside he was still that originally crooked and scheming person.

Lu Xuexian was born delicate, and dated Zheng Jianlin for several years before getting married. Only after getting married for several years did she finally conceive a child, and for the purpose of conceiving this child she constantly visited the doctor and took medicine, and suffered a lot of bitterness. But she never knew that from early on Zheng Jianlin already had a lover outside, and they already had a two year old child.

When Lu Deyuan first found out about this situation, he was almost angered to the extent of having a stroke. He was already getting old, his body gradually getting worse, even didn’t know how long he could live, then at this time finally discovered this affair. This let him have no way to be relieved to leave, since once he’s gone, his daughter would have no good life with that type of person.

When Zheng Jianlin saw that his lover and bastard son were found by his father-in-law, he was scared witless for a short time, since he felt that to marry into the Lu family, he had deviously worked for over ten years, so he definitely couldn’t just end up with nothing in the end. He secretly switched out Lu Deyuan’s medicine and when Lu Deyuan looked for him to negotiate, deliberately angered him to the point of stroke. Then, he deliberately delayed his emergency treatment, and by the time Lu Deyuan was being sent to the hospital, he had already died on the road.

Lu Xuexian grew up being pampered by Lu Deyuan, like a greenhouse lily that needs people to take good care of it, and never experienced any suffering. Even though she had poor health since childhood, she had a father who loved her and a husband who respected her, and she thought that she was already very satisfied, and if she lived an excessively perfect life, even God would be envious.

When her father suddenly died, this brought her a great shock, and her originally weak body became even worse. But for her newborn child, she brought out a never before seen strength and survived so that she could watch her child grow up.

Lu Xuexian thought that her home was quite blissful, since her child was very healthy, and even though Zheng Jianlin treated her more and more coldly, she thought that there would always be a day when love would turn into familial affection, and old couples didn’t need to be as sweet as when they were young. Plus Zheng Jianlin managed their family business very well, so her father in the sky watching all this must be very gratified.

Until the time when Lu Jingyu became 5 years old, Zheng Jianlin brought back home a 7 year old child and told Lu Xuexian that this was his own son who had previously always been raised outside but now he intended to bring him back to recognize his ancestors and take his surname Zheng. He said that he knew he had let Lu Xuexian down, but the child was innocent, constantly raising him outside doesn’t count as any good matter, so he would bring him back to teach him well, and later he would be the same as their own son.