Chapter 16

"So, Sportsmasters your dad?"

The team was in the bio ship, no one had said much since the warehouse.

Artemis was at the back, looking out the window when Kid Flash asked the question. She looked over at him and sighed.

"Ya, we don't exactly get along though."

"Why didn't you ever tell us?" He asked. It wasn't pushy though, more of someone just curious.

"I...didn't want you guys to not trust me. I thought if you knew, you would hate me." She admitted.

Wally reached over and grabbed her hand, "It doesn't matter who your parents are, we trust you."

<~>

I sat on my bed, even though it had been almost 24 hours, I was still not feeling like myself.

I brushed it off though, master expected me to be fine after-what happened to me again? He said something about some training exercise gone wrong. He told me not to worry about it, so I won't.

I got out of bed and looked at the clock. It was nearly 5 in the morning, so I decided that I might as well start training.

After throwing on some training clothes, I walked out of my room and towards the training room.

After a quick stretch, I began to do my routine with the punching bag. Punch, punch, duck, block, kick, repeat.

I was lost in thought and rhythm for a little over a half an hour when I heard someone come up behind me.

I looked around and saw my master walk in. He wasn't wearing his mask, which strangely surprised me; it was as if I had never see him without it.

"I see you're feeling better." He stated.

I set my hands down and turned fully around, "Yup, I've been training since 5."

Deathstroke smiled, "Good, I'm glad to hear.  Are you ready for a spar?"

"Definitely." It was one thing to practice against a punching bag, but to spar someone made it more real, "it feels like we haven't spared in forever."

I noticed my masters face weaver a bit, but played it off. I was probably seeing things.

I got in my fighting stance, just as did Deathstroke. He nodded his head and I knew the battle had begun.

We both circled each other, waiting for someone to make the first move. It ended up being me. I saw, what I thought to be, an opening and went for it.

I ran at him, looking like I was going to punch his head, but instead went to elbow his side. He blocked it and, with his other hand, swung at my jaw. I ducked underneath and tried to swipe out his legs-it didn't work.

He dodged my move, landing a good kick to my side. I used that momentum to handspring backwards.

Deathstroke wasted no time and ran straight at me. He threw multiple punches; however, I dodged and blocked them until I saw an opening. I blocked another one of his punches and got my own punch to his jaw. He stumbled back a bit and didn't seem to pleased about it.

He kneed my stomach, causing me to bend over and lose my concentration. He then took out my legs, which lead to me falling backwards.

Although I was in pain, I jumped right back up.

"Want to go for round two?" I asked with a smirk.

He rolled his one eye, "I don't think you can handle another round."

That was kind of true. Whatever had happened to me the other day had definitely taken a lot out of me. My whole body was bruised and sore; along with the new one forming on my stomach.

Besides, my master was always right and whenever I pushed to hard on a topic, he usually got mad.

Just then, a man I didn't recognize, poked his head in the room. He had a worried look on his face.

"What do you want?" My master growled.

"Sir, there's a problem-"

"Does this really need my attention?" He interrupted.

"Yes, sir. You'll want to see this."

My mater mumbled something under his and walked away.

Although I wanted to follow him, I decided against it. Instead I went back to training.

It wasn't long until he returned, a furious look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's none of your concern."

I blink in confusion, "You sure? That guy seemed pretty freaked out."

"Yes. Now come with me."  He stated, walking towards the exit.

Wasting no time, I nearly ran after him- he was walking quite fast.

He lead me to a large metal door. After opening it, he shoved me in.

"I don't understand, what's happening?" I questioned again.

"Listen carefully, you are to stay in here until I come back. Understood?"

"Why?"

Deathstroke took a step forward and backhanded me in the face. The force caused me to hit the ground.

"I asked you a question, now answer."

"Yes, master." I said, staying on the ground until I heard my master lock the door and leave.

I slowly stood up, my hand gently pressed against my face. I decided to look around the room I was now in.

It was dark and small. There was only one bench in the corner and there were no windows.

I walked over and sat down on the bench. I guess I was stuck in here for who knows how long.

I bent my head back and rested it against the wall. I took a deep breath and suddenly felt the wall vibrate. Then again the wall shook, more visiuosly.

I wanted nothing more than to see what was happening, but I was trapped in here. I would just have to suck it up and wait.