Chapter 37- Silent Night

You admired the stone on the bracelet. You stayed outside since you were waiting for Jimin. As you were waiting, the sun began to set. The ocean breeze was starting to pick up, causing you to cross your arms over your chest.

The sun lowered farther past the ocean sealine, shining bright on the other end of the ocean. Wherever that may be. You lost yourself in your thoughts, thinking back to when you first met Jungkook, to where you were now.

“(Y/N)!” Jimin called out to you. You squinted your eyes, trying to make out the figure in the water that was illuminated by the orange sunlight. He slowly approached, his figure becoming more clear the closer he got until he was right in front of you. 

“You ready?” He asked, his usual smirk was gone and instead had a genuine smile. You nodded. You stood up and he took your hand swimming slightly ahead of you, guiding you to where he wanted to take you. 

You both continued into deeper water. Similar to what Hoseok did earlier that day, Jimin wrapped you in his arms and swam with you in a direction. You were getting used to being carried through the water like this.

Not too long later, He brought you to the same rock you’ve been to a few times already. It’s been a while since you’ve been here, but you still weren’t used to it. He set you there and then sat next to you.

He let out a deep breath, leaning back on his hands. You both sat in silence for a few minutes, admiring the water and the sunset in front of you. Eventually, he spoke up.

“I haven’t really had an actual conversation with you, have I?” 

“Not really.” You stated confused. 

“Well then, I guess it’s time you heard the final backstory. Since I heard that everyone else told you and we got distracted last time.” You felt yourself tense as you remember almost being caught by Ateez. 

“I fell in love with the mermaid, similar to Jin and Yoongi.” That made sense from his flirty personality. “But, I guess, that was obvious. You flirted back and then eventually she kissed me. Not much to it that’s different from the rest other than my singing became magic.” 

“How does it work?” 

“What work?”

“Your voice, how is it magic?”

“I’ll show you.”

He took in a deep breath. He began singing softly, his voice smooth. The ocean breeze picked up a little, causing you to shiver and wrap your arms around yourself. Jimin noticed and pulled you close to him, resting his head on top of yours.

He smiled down at you, still singing softly to you. You smiled up at him, finding yourself getting comfortable in his arms. You relaxed as his voice soothed you. 

After a few more minutes of his singing, he slowly came to an end. You hadn’t even noticed your eyes had closed until you realized he stopped. 

“I don’t think that was magic, but it was still nice anyway.”

“Thank you, darling. But it was magic, you felt the breeze pick up, didn’t you?”

You thought about what he said and realized the wind had stopped. You laughed slightly at him. “Ok, maybe.”

You looked up at the sky to see the first stars of dusk. The constellations shining bright above you as the sun was no longer in sight, but the sky was still lit. 

“We should get back now before it gets too dark.” You said up to him. He sighed. “Ok. I guess you’re right.” He grabbed you reluctantly and pulled you back into the water, swimming back towards the beach house.

You arrived at the shallow water and stood up, walking to the back door. Jimin stayed where he was, watching as you walked back to the door. You climbed up the stairs but turned back to wave by to Jimin.

He waved back to you. You put your hand down before his. But before you could react, you felt something cold being pressed to the front of your neck.

“Scream and I’ll spill your blood into the water.” Hongjoong voice sounded behind you, laced with venom.