Chapter 14 - A New Enemy

You snapped your head around to look at the owner of the voice behind you. A man stood on the rock, his left knee crouched to look down on you both. His face smug baring with a toothy smirk.

His face was long with large eyes, and you could also catch glimpses of several ear piercings and longer strands of light, dirty blond hair that made up his mullet. 

He had a bright red jacket with a black a red striped shirt underneath, and black pants with bandanas wrapped around the lower half of his legs, only with black boots and a chain dangling from his waistline. 

You turned around to look at him fully, but then Jungkook’s arm wrapped around you protectively and pull you away from him. He glared at the man.

“Why are you here, Hongjoong?” Jungkook asked darkly. The man called Hongjoong chuckled darkly in response. 

“We swore we caught one you today, but I guess someone let him loose.” He looked right at you as he said the last part. Well, that explains what happened to Taehyung.

His smirk fell as he glared at you. He didn’t seem that scary, but now he was making you nervous. He moved his hand behind him and grabbed a sword that was hidden behind his back. Jungkook’s grip tightened. 

“Stay away from us!” Jungkook shouted at him. He didn’t listen as he unsheathed his sword from the scabbard. “Sorry, but your little girlfriend here messed with my business, and no one survives when they interfere!”

Your eyes widened as he lunged at you from the rock. Before you could react your body was pulled underwater and pulled farther out to sea.

It wasn’t long before you resurfaced and took a deep breath. You weren’t that far out, but far out enough to see Hongjoong standing in the water staring you down. 

The distance between you two escalated as Jungkook kept swimming away from him.

Sorry for making ATEEZ the bad guys here, btw, but it just made sense since they're theme is pirates so it went with the story

S̶t̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶T̶E̶E̶Z̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶y̶ ̶M̶y̶ ̶N̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶