Chapter 28 - Promises

“Yeah, sorry. I’ve been really busy lately.”

“Oh please, doing what?”

“Working since I actually have a job.”

“Oh and I don’t?”

“What do you have to work with?” Jackson and Namjoon both joked around. Were they really this close to each other?

“Umm?” You questioned.

“Oh, sorry (Y/N). We’ve known each other for a while.”

“Yeah.” Namjoon stated blankly. He stared at you, his expression unreadable. You took a step back into the house and rested against the doorframe. Namjoon turned back to Jackson. 

“So why is she here?” Namjoon asked coldly. 

“It’s for her own protection.”

“Why, what happened?”

“Ateez found where she’s staying. I didn’t want her to get hurt.”

“Wait, really?” Namjoon’s expression fell from cold to confused. “What business do they have with her?” 

Jackson turned to you. He didn’t know why either so you would have to be the one to answer.

“Um, they found out I freed Taehyung from their net. Hongjoong said that no one interferes with his work so now they’re after me.” You stated not looking at him. 

Namjoon turned back to Jackson. 

“I know that you attacked her once and I understand it’s because you don’t trust her, but I promise you Namjoon, she’s nothing like my other student. You don’t have to interact with her if you don’t want to, but please don’t hurt her and help her if Ateez finds her.” Jackson asked.

Namjoon turned back to you. He stared at you for a couple of seconds before turning back to Jackson. “Fine, I trust your judgment.” 

Jackson let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you, now if you would excuse me, I have to get back to campus before my class starts.” You moved out of the way so Jackson could get by you. But not before whispering to you.

“You’ll be ok. He’ll warm up to you eventually.”  Before walking away, leaving you and Namjoon alone.