Chapter 30: It's Just a Ring

GABRIELLE'S POV

  As I picked out something for Amelia to wear, Justin opened the door and Amelia screamed. I laughed as did Justin. When I tried to put up Amelia's hair, Justin ran up behind Amelia and tickled her. She giggled and I smiled at Justin and Amelia. Justin's eyes met my own, and I stopped laughing. I looked away. I just couldn't stop thinking about the ring, and I was surprised he hadn't noticed I didn't have it on anymore.

  I picked up Amelia and said,"Time for you to take a bath. You can stare at Justin when you're done. Justin will be here until you leave tomorrow."

  Justin chuckled, and Amelia hugged his legs. Justin hugged her back before she ran into the bathroom. I sat down on the bed, and Justin sat down beside me.

  Justin cuddled into my side and closed his eyes saying,"I've missed you. I've really missed you."

  "I've missed you, too, Jay. Thanks for coming for me and Amelia. I thought we were never going to get out of there."

  Justin said,"You're welcome, baby girl. Anything for you. What were you upset about?"

  Justin opened his eyes and looked at me for an answer. Then, I looked down at my finger and Justin followed my eyes.

  He placed a kiss on my hand and asked me,"Where's your ring?"

  I sighed saying,"I'm so sorry, Justin. I had it, and then it got caught on something on the door. I tried to get it off and when I finally did, it flew somewhere on the concrete. I tried to pick it up when I saw it, but then the paparazzi came from nowhere. I..I swear I tried to keep my eye on it, but I just-"

  I was cut off by feeling Justin's lips against my own.

  I kissed back and Justin and I pulled apart when Amelia yelled,"GAB, I'M DONE!"

  When Justin looked away from me, I let out a long breath.

  Justin chuckled and got up before he covered his eyes, heading towards the bathroom.

  I smiled as he said to Amelia,"Amelia, you covered? I'm coming in to get you."

  When Amelia screamed "no!," Justin stopped and turned around. I laughed, until she said,"Okay! You can come in now!"

  Justin let her water out and cleaned out the bathtub, and I watched his interaction with Amelia. He was so patient with her. He just..He made her smile.

  Justin took Amelia's hand and led her out of the bathroom. Then, Justin left to get Amelia's stuff from downstairs. I helped Amelia get into her pajamas, before she got into bed next to me. When Justin walked in, he set her stuff down and got in on the left side of Amelia. However, Justin kept looking at me.

  I laughed saying,"What, Bieber?"

  Justin got up and walked over to my side of the bed. Then, he pulled the covers off me and laid down on top of me. I smiled and slowly wrapped my arms around him.

  Justin mumbled into my chest,"I love you."

  "I love you, too. You know some of your fans today told me that they don't appreciate me taking you away from them and how it should have been them instead."

  Justin looked me in the eyes saying,"I'm sorry. I hope that didn't hurt your feelings, but I wouldn't take back marrying you. Neither one of us is backing out of this, so they're just going to have to deal with it."

  I joked with him saying,"And how do you know that I'm not going anywhere?"

  Instead of Justin laughing or even giving me his smile that moved me every time, he just looked down and ran his thumb across my finger where my ring normally was. Now, I felt bad about trying to make a joke about leaving. Justin was really serious about our marriage. Of course, I was, too, but he really wanted this so badly that jokes bothered him.

  I took his hand in my own and said,"Hey, I was just playing. I'm not going anywhere. I'm Mrs. Bieber, and I have to be here for you. Always. And you're right. I'm not backing out of this. I'm sticking with you. You're stuck with me, Justin, till you die."

  Justin was trying to hide his smile from me, but he failed. He attacked me in kisses, and I laughed. When I almost fell off the bed, Justin caught me and kept me steady. That was when I noticed Amelia looking at Justin and me. I had forgotten that she was here.

  Amelia said,"I'm tired, Gab. I don't wanna watch this show anymore."

  I positioned myself so that I was leaning on Justin's chest, before I pulled Amelia in between Justin and I.