Chapter 7: Reminiscing

GABRIELLE'S POV

  After Justin and I's performance, Justin still had to perform for the rest of the concert. Before I went off the stage, I thanked Justin. Then, Scooter led me to where my family was. I embraced everyone, and then we all supported Justin throughout his performance.
It appeared that Uncle Marcus was also a Justin Bieber fan. He knew every single word to every one of Justin's songs. Seeing Uncle Marcus so engaged, it reminded me of Dad. Dad was the same way, and I couldn't help but think of our last conversation.

   4 YEARS AGO..

  I rushed into my parents' bedroom and yelled,"DAD, WE'RE GETTING ON THE PLANE TO SEE JUSTIN IN TWO HOURS! ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM?!!"

  Dad chuckled and showed me his JB hat saying,"I was ready before you were even ready, princess. I was ready last night while you were sleeping. I've been up all night."

  Just knowing Dad, I knew he had been up all night. Dad and I often got into arguments about who loved Justin more, but it was a part of our strong bond with one another.
  Before I could even respond to Dad, my best friend texted me asking me for the millionth time could she come with me. Dad saw my facial expression and took my phone from me.

  I said,"Hey, don't even think about it. I can go with her next time. This is for the two of us. You will even get to meet Justin this time. It's one of your dreams."

  Dad pulled me into his arms saying,"It's one of our dreams, sweetheart, but go with Alice. It's okay. We can go together when Justin comes here in a couple of months. Gabrielle, it's okay. I'm telling you it's okay. Take her with you this time."

  I felt like I was betraying Dad by taking Alice, but then again, I knew he wasn't going to walk out that door with me. I knew there was no way of changing his mind either. I couldn't even bribe him with his favorite meal I made for him almost every week.

  Dad walked me outside and made me make sure I had everything.

  When I made it to my car, I gave him a kiss and said,"I'll see you the second I make it back home. You better be here, or I'll tell mom."

  Dad laughed and said,"Not your mother. I'll be here. Go, honey. You need to get there early."

  I said,"Okay. I'll get a video of Justin telling you "hey." and I'll have you on the phone, so you can see Justin performing, too."

  I knew I had cheered Dad up with what I had said, before I got into the car. I waved to Dad and Dad waved back, Mom at his side. Mom waved as well. I had no idea that was the last time I would ever be able to hear his voice again.

   PRESENT....

  "GABRIELLE?? GAB?? YOU OKAY??"

  Scooter rested his hand on my shoulder and repeated to me,"You okay?"

  I rushed out to the nearest exit and leaned back on the grey wall. I slid down against it, and then I cried into my hands.

  Someone pulled me into their arms, and it was mom.

  She said,"Let it out, darling. I'm here with you. Just let it out."

  Letting myself be vulnerable, I accepted my mother's comfort. I cried right there in her arms. She was here, and I needed her.