Chapter 20: Celebrating

GABRIELLE'S POV

  In a couple of minutes, I was to go onstage and perform for Atlanta. However, this was going to be my last concert for a while. It did mean the world to me that my parents, family, and Justin were here, despite everyone's opinions about me.

  Justin wrapped his arms around me from behind and said,"You're going to be amazing out there. Give them a show they won't forget. Better yet, let me sing instead."

  I knew Justin was trying to cheer me up, so I laughed saying,"Then, it wouldn't be my show. Everyone would become focused on you."

  Justin and I watched the audience talking to one another before I was introduced onto the stage. The crowd cheered, and I heard dad over everyone else.
  I smiled and even though I had no idea when I would perform again, I did my best. It seemed like everyone really enjoyed the concert.

  When the concert was over, I then did my last meet and greet for however long it would be. I did end up seeing Alyssa, the girl from the restaurant there as well. I also talked to her family. Then, Justin met up with me and led me over to Pattie.

  Pattie smiled warmly at me saying,"Hey, sweetheart. You did great. Thanks for looking out for Justin."

  I replied,"Thank you. I feel great. You're welcome. Justin also looks out for me, so I'm just returning the same love he gives me."

  Pattie nodded, and we all headed over to my mother's house to celebrate. Because this was a big day for me, I was able to fix my plate first, and then I sat down next to Justin and Jeremiah. Justin was trying to make an effort to talk to Jeremiah, which made me very happy, but Jeremiah was giving Justin a hard time.
  I could tell Justin was hurt. He began to chew a little slower, and his smile dropped. Pattie went to say something to Justin, but I whispered to her that I had this one. Pattie nodded and leaned over to talk to my parents beside her.

  I leaned over and kissed Justin softly. Justin kissed back and held on for a minute, until I pulled away.

  I ran my fingers through his hair saying,"I saw that, JB. Thanks for trying. Love you. I'm glad you're here."

  Justin kissed my hand twice, before I continued to run my fingers through his hair with my other free hand.

  "Gab, why you doin' this to me? What is this?"

  I turned to look at Trey. His parents were also here, along with his girlfriend. Trey told me about her the other day, but he may have told Justin too. They were getting along very well actually.

  I got up and playfully said to Trey,"I've got to hurt your feelings every once and a while."

  Trey smiled at me and hugged me, before he introduced his girlfriend to me.

  She said,"It's great to meet you. Something smells really good."

  I chuckled and said,"That's my mom's cooking. I hope you're hungry."

  She nodded, and Trey noticed Justin.

  Trey's smile grew and he said,"JB, what up man? I like the hair. I like the hair."

  Justin laughed and did that thing that guys do when they greet each other. Trey began to talk to Justin, but then he noticed Jeremiah and my father.

  Trey looked back at me, and I asked him,"You good?"

  Trey then said,"How is this possible? We went to their funerals, both of them."

  I said,"Vixen. That's what made this possible. They were never dead in the first place."

  Trey just nodded, and Jeremiah ran into Trey.

  Jeremiah got in Trey's face and said,"Watch where you're going."

  Trey just looked back at me, before he went inside. His girlfriend went after him, and I looked over at Jeremiah.

  I said,"Don't bring that over here, Jeremiah. Please. This is my day, and I just want everyone to get along, that includes you and Justin. Don't give him a hard time."

  Jeremiah nodded and walked inside.

  Dad walked up beside me and said,"I'll keep an eye on Jeremiah and Trey. You go see what's going on with Justin."

  Dad motioned to the right of me. Justin was sitting off to the side by himself. Everyone else was inside, but not him. Dad gave me a kiss, before he went inside to make sure Trey and Jeremiah didn't tear each other apart.

  I walked over to Justin and sat down in his lap.

  I asked him,"What's going on, JB?"

  Justin took my hands in his own and looked down at my hands saying,"I have a show halfway across the world in a couple of days, and I don't want to go without you. I think I'm going to ask to move the tour dates-"

  I slapped Justin and he said,"Baby, oww!!"

  I rubbed his cheek but said to him,"Don't even think about it. Justin, do you know how many people you would be letting down? If I've learned anything, it's that you have to be there for your fans. I will be fine. You're an amazing boyfriend, but you're an even better singer. You have people that have waited years or even months for this concert. You can't move it. Not for me."

  Justin leaned in and kissed me passionately. I kissed back and squeezed his hands in comfort.

  Dad yelled,"PRINCESS??"

  I jumped and Justin laughed, before he led me inside.