The Cutest and Most Clichè Night of Her Life

"I officially hate parties." Sophia finally declared with confidence as she exited Mason's bathroom, wiping her damp hair with a white towel as well as releasing a lot of steam into the room.

After the tragedy that was Sophia's second high school party, Mason got her out immediately and drove her back so that she could chill and unwind.

Mason was standing up and fiddling with the remote so that he could adjust the temperature of the air conditioning.

"I don't know why but maybe parties just hate you." Mason teased cockily as he went to the corner and sat on his chair with his legs on the table, popping a pork rind in his mouth and chewing on it noisily.

Sophia's temper went rocketing up in the sky. She angrily marched down to the smirking bastard's chair and started whacking him with her wet towel.

"Hey, chill." Mason started laughing while he tried to shield himself from the never ending assault. "I was just kidding." He chuckled as he sat up properly since she stopped hitting him.

Sophia walked off, looking as stressed as ever, as she dragged her hand through her blonde curls and than down her face.

Being a human with feelings and not a heartless asshole, Mason felt a bit of sadness on how rough and sucky her night turned out to be, and he wanted to at least try and cheer her up because nobody deserves to feel like total crap.

"You wanna do something?" Mason suddenly cheered. Sophia whipped around ready to snap at him with her crankiness, but he beat her to it.

"I wanna do something. Come on." Mason didn't wait for her answer as he got his jacket from the couch and headed off to the door.

"I don't feel like going out anymore." Sophia sighed. Tiredness was so evident in her voice.

Mason looked to her and was very ready to tease the crap her about how much of a buzzkill she was being, but when he saw her face, he decided to drop it.

He gave her a sympathetic smile and walked over to where she was. He looked her in the eyes and held her firmly by her shoulders.

"Hey, you need to cheer up." He pointed a finger to her while leaning down to he could see her face clearly.

"No, I don't" She protested as she whacked his hands off of her shoulders and tried to wiggle her body out of his hold.

"Come on, the night's still young." He adventurously gestured to his open window.

Sophia was so ready to refuse again, but his face was just to persuasive; like an adorable child asking for a toy in the toy store.

She let out a sigh before finally agreeing to his offer of a cheer up party, well not really a party. She was so over parties, but she did know that she needed a pick-me-up.

"Good, I'll get out and ready the car while you get out of that robe and get all dolled up like how girls do, okay?" Sophia laughed at what he said. She appreciated his efforts of trying to cheer her up by talking like a somewhat gay person.

"Okay." She spent the next few minutes looking for a very chill outfit. She wore a simple shirt that had flare and she wore simple denim skinny jeans. Before heading out the door, she got her maroon blazer to combat the bitter cold night air.

Fulfilling his promise, he was outside with the car the moment she opened the door. It was a cute gesture, but what made it cuter was that he opened the door for her like a true gentleman.

In all honesty, Sophia really wanted to believe that this was a date. Something in her wanted to believe that he has finally gone soft, but she didn't want to get her hopes up and cry later. Throwing all your hopes at something impossible will hurt you later on.

They drove off into the night. Sophia was surprised when Mason suddenly got her hand and held it sweetly in his. He was such a gentleman. Sophia looked up and saw him looking deep in her eyes. She has never seen him like this. It stirred butterflies in her stomach; the pretty kind.

The whole ride consisted of Sophia smiling like an idiot; a love struck one.

She was surprised on what waited for her when they got to his little surprise. He planned to have a candlelit picnic by the lake. Honestly, she felt like she was in every girl's dream right now, and all this really did cheer her up and made her forget the stupid party.

He prepared blueberry danishes, some sweet strawberry shortcake as well as the most delicious pie she has ever tasted.

Mason extended his hand out. Sophia looked confused as she savored her strawberry shortcake.

"What?" She asked.

An innocent boyish smile crept upon his face. "Wanna dance?"

Sophia was very thankful that the it was kind of dark because she was blushing like a freaking tomato.

She couldn't believe in how much her life changed. A few months ago, she was just the girl that no one ever took a second glance at. She was the girl that no one noticed; a wallflower. All of that changed all because this one marvelous guy accidentally left his motorcycle on the sidewalk. Times like this made her believe in love at first sight.

She got his hand and he pulled her up. They started dancing slowly by the sparkling lake. They didn't need music, the romantic scenario was practically playing a symphony of its own.

Her head rested on his shoulder. His hands were wrapped around her waist, embracing her body closer to his. Her hands were around his neck. His head was buried in her hair.

The night ended with them relaxing under the shade of a tree. Sophia leaned her head on his shoulder. Mason's arm wrapped around her shoulders, pulling her to him.

"Thank you for tonight, Mason." Sincerity ringed in her voice. Sophia looked at him and their eyes met in a romantic gaze.

Mason raised his hand and gripped her chin gently, Sophia just gazed in his eyes, mesmerized by all of him. Everything was slowing down, but it only let them savory all the sweet things that were happening right now. Mason's lips finally landed an innocent kiss on her lips.

Sophia took a while to respond to everything that was happening right now. Mason rested his hands on her neck, caressing her jaw with his thumb. Sophia just grasped his wrists, holding them in place.

It was such a beautiful scene.

It was almost midnight, and Sophia ended up falling asleep. Mason was still awake thinking of how the heck an asshole like him got so lucky to end up with a girl like her.

His back was slightly slumped down against the bark of the tree to provide Sophia a little comfort as she was laid down on his chest.

Mason was brought out of his train of thought as Sophia subconsciously snuggled her face in his chest and wrapped her arms delicately around his waist. She was so innocent; so sweet. Mason wanted to protect her from the horror the world is. He wanted to keep her pure.

Mason looked down at her in utter admiration. He just pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her head, before stroking her hair gently.

Realizing on how late it was getting, Mason picked her up, careful not to wake her. He wrapped her arms around his neck and her head on his chest.

As soon as they got back to Mason's mansion, he carried her back to his room like a princess. He tucked her under his duvet and soon took a nice hot shower before joining her in his bed.

"Goodnight, my love."