Putting Her Emotions Back on the Gambling Table

Sophia spent the remainder of her day sulking but mostly was trying to find herself. She never wanted to admit that there was still a part in her heart that cares for him, but she knows the denial will only hurt her and feed her lies. She didn't want to say that she was still head over heels for that bastard, but she just couldn't shake the feeling away.

If she could, she would've erased every trace of him from her memory, but she refused to be like Elena Gilbert. She will confront this in a mature way and just go on with her life.

"Would you prefer pizza or Chinese take out?" Zach popped out of the kitchen with the phone on his hand.

Sophia sat up and cocked her head to the side.

"I thought you knew me better than that, Zachary." She chose to say his full name to piss him off a bit.

"You know I hate it when people call me that." He rolled his eyes. Zach started walking over to the couch where she was sitting on.

He reached out and started pinching her cheeks while pulling them up and down like a child.

"It's Zach." He joked, saying it like she was retarded.

Sophia's hands swatted both his hands away from her face and soon started laughing. Zach was relieved to hear that again. Ever since earlier, she hasn't smiled or laughed until now.

"Pizza it is." Zach once again disappeared into the kitchen. Sophia took another glance at where he was before laying her head down on the armrest of the couch for maximum comfort.

She started closing her eyes and started drifting to sleep when she heard Zach coming out once again. She raised her head and looked at his very disappointed and 'I cannot be bothered right now' face, and she started to wonder what the heck happened with the pizza.

"Where are you going at 8 in the evening? And where's my pizza?" She tried to lighten the mood, but he just proceeded and got her car keys off of the coffee table.

"The Pizza Place lacked delivery boys, so I have to go there and get it myself." He was about to go out the door, but Sophia spoke up.

"You know what? I can deal with Chinese take outs tonight. You don't have to go out this late at night." She tried to reason out with him.

"Nah, it's fine. You needs one pizza to take your mind of that bastard anyway." Before Sophia could stop his stubborn head from exiting the door, he did.

She started to get bored, so she reached her arm out and got the remote. She turned the TV on and saw Bonnie Bennett trying to pull people out of The Other Side before it collapsed. It soon flashed to Liv's nose bleeding.

Five minutes later, she heard a knock on the door. She felt relief flood her hard that Zach was back since she knew that he didn't do well driving at night.

She rushed to open the door, and was shocked at who was out the door, and it definitely wasn't Zach.

"Mason, what the heck are you doing here?" She spat.

She tried keeping her angry demeanor, but she sadly had a heart. And besides, he was having a hard time standing straight let alone maintaining his balance as he started swaying back and forth and soon enough came crashing down. Before he could collide with the ground though, Sophia instinctively caught him by his waist.

He was so drunk right now that he was just murmuring incoherent words and making groaning sounds.

Sophia wrapped her arms around his regretfully muscular torso and threw his arm across the back her neck for support. He was really heavy, but she refused to think about all the muscles he had weighing him down.