Rule Number One is That You Gotta Have Fun

Sophia did spend the weekend at Mason’s place, because anything has got to be better than spending your weekend alone in your house. They spent the nights watching different kinds of movies that made them scream, laugh and everything in between. Watching movies would also lead to popcorn being tossed everywhere and laughter bouncing off of the walls.

Monday came strolling in which totally murdered Saturday and Sunday. Sophia was fluffing her hair out in front of the mirror when she heard the door peep open.

“You ready to go?” Mason asked as he poked his head through the small opening of the door.

“Yup.” She flashed him a bright smile of sunshine as she ran to the bed to get her school bag.

Sophia and Mason entered one of Mason’s many sports cars and drove off to school. Sophia was bouncing on her seat in excitement which was a huge contrast to her previous reactions.

“Relax, Sophia.” Mason said to her. Yes, she did stop bouncing, but nothing could kill the ray of sunshine happiness she was sending off.

“Before we get there, if you want this to work you need to follow a set of rules that I have laid out.” Mason said as he made a sharp turn in the corner to their school’s parking lot. They stayed in his car to discuss his rules.

“Oh? And what are these rules?” She asked him curiously.

“Well the one you need to focus on is Rule number one.” He replied while looking at her with a face, and I mean the face.

Rule number one is that you have to have a little fun.” He kinda insulted her. She raised her eyebrow at him.

“I am fun.” She defended herself.

“But your fun is staying home and watching chick flicks. The fun I’m talking about is going to parties, getting drunk, and letting loose.” He explained.

“And what would I accomplish with that?” She asked him as he finally got her attention.

Students from outside the car would give the car weird glances before continuing off into running or their little conversations.

“Your little crush would know that you’re fun and available and totally transformed. You will no longer be that innocent girl who would always hesitate to take a drink.” He waved his hand up in the air, helping her imagine what it could be like to be a party girl.

“You see where I’m going with this, right?” Mason asked. Don’t want his words of wisdom to go to waste, now would we.

“Of course.” Sophia replied as she opened the car door and put on her shades to battle the UV rays that were attacking her.

Everyone looked at her with pure awe as she walked pass all of them like they were peasants. Her curls were bouncing with every step she took and it didn’t take long before Mason made it to her side.

“Well, I see thatt you got the confidence part down.” He leaned in and whispered to her ear. She pulled her heart shaped sunglasses off and placed it in her designer handbag.

“Of course.” She smiled at him as she leaned on the door and swung her body in it.

Looking at Sophia now, you would never guess that she was the shy and quiet type before.Her bright colored clothing would catch anyone’s attention. Her confident smile never failed to light up the room. And her curls were shining every time the light would hit it. She was now the topic of the whole campus.

She walked around the school with confidence and positivity. And now, she was bringing said confidence and positivity in her History class.

“Well well well,” An annoying bitchy sound jingled. “Look what we have here.”

Sophia rolled her eyes and glared at Queen Bitch, something she never had the courage to do,

“You think that a few improvements will help you beat me?” She mocked her, Her mockeru was quickly followed with a very villainous laugh.

“Jessica, I’m not just gonna beat you. I’m gonna be better than you ever were and pretty soon, you’ll just be a face in the crowd regretting everything you have ever done to everyone.” She said.

Jessica was clearly threatened by her judging by her facial expression which she quickly concealed with a very pissed look.

Sophia smiled at her. “Toodles.” She enthusiastically said before giving her a seriously scary glare.

And Sophia was really living up to her word. She was getting popular really quick and it has only been two days. She would help students who were struggling with academics. She would offer her help to anyone who needed it. She did the typical thing where you pick up a nerd's books because they fell and she never did it without a genuine smile.She never teased anyone about anything, but encouraged them to do better. Even her teachers were smiling at her now.

“Wow Sophia, this has been your fifth A this week.” Everyone applauded as Sophia went to her teacher with a smile and got her paper back.

The school bell rang and everyone went out of the room in an instant. Sophia got up from her chair and went out the door. She stopped dead in her tracks as she saw Mason talking to Jessica. And I know what you’re all thinking, that they’re arguing. No, they were talking like two civilized people. Why would Mason be talking calmly to someone he seems to hate a lot?

They seemed to have ended their conversation which made Sophia go back in the classroom to make  it look like she hasn’t gone out yet which meant that she didn’t see a thing.

“Hey.” Mason greeted her as he poked his head in the classroom.

“Hey.” Sophia quickly threw on her best fake smile. She was still curious though.

“You ready to go?” He asked her. Mason has been driving Sophia to and from school ever since they became friends. Sophia obviously agreed since it would be much less of a hassle than walking.

The two were walking through the parking lot laughing at something Mason said when his football buddy Blake approached them.

“Hey you guys.” He called out as he ran ti where they were.

“Hey Blake.” Sophia greeted him with a wave of her hand.

“I’m having a party this weekend and I would love it if you guys could go.” Blake was still in his football uniform with his helmet under his arms. Mason didn’t go to practice since he didn’t feel like it, which was cool.

“Sure” Mason replied and Blake had the biggest smile on his face.

“Awesome. Be there at eight.” Blake yelled as he started running back to the field.

When Blake was completely out of sight, Sophia immediately swung her hand back and slapped Mason’s arm.

“Why’d you agree to that?” She asked him angrily.

“Because this is a great opportunity to show off rule number one.” He explained.

“You mean get drunk and party until I drop? No thanks.” Sophia said as she slammed her side of the car door.

“Oh come on,” Mason tried to reason out as he himself stepped in his ride. It’s not just drinking and partying, it’s more of showing Zach what he’s missing out on and making him regret it.” He explained further and his persuasion skills were kicking in.

“Whatever.” Was her only reply as the engine started roaring and they drove off to the epitome of a typical high school party.