Fatality?

Eijirou woke up with the feel of bandages wrapped around his body as well as a tube connected into him. He woke up shuddering and in a haste to get out before a nurse stopped him and placed her hand on his chest. "Your not in trouble; your body is okay; the tube connected to you is feeding you food because your body has not been properly fed in several days; the other tube is because you have been dehydrated for many days as well; you will be discharged by the end of the day." Said the nurse as if having to repeat this process of explaining had become second nature.

Eijirou felt his body relax as his shoulders fell and his back retreating to the hospital bed frame. He sat there in relief, he was free; free from the clutches of the league of villain; free from the dark tomb that gave no sense of comfort or home; free from the trance and control of those that he sworn to protect others from.

That relief was soon gone when remembered the person he hurt the most. "SHIT!" Eijirou yelled, long forgetting that state of calmness. He rises once again to have two nurses this time put their hands on his chest pushing him back to the bed so he wouldn't hurt himself trying to get off the tubes.

The female calmly but clearly in an irritating manner, "Is there something wrong Kirishima-Sama."

"Where's Bakugou Katsuki." Flatly demanded the nurse.

The nurse made a thoughtful expression as if to carefully pick out her next few words.

"He is going through surgery at the moment. His wounds were extremely severe. You will not be tied to the incident since you were under control of the league of villains."

Eijiou's eyes went wide and hid pupils became nothing more then barely visible dots. After a moment of silence he spoke, "Is he going to make it?"

The room went quiet, very much not a comfortable silence. The nurse's eyes stayed wondering the room so she somehow find the words she needed to find amongst the medical equipment, old furniture, and the dull mellow walls.

"...Nothing is set in stone but his wounds appear to be fatal, nothing is final! But he isn't there is a chance he won't make it. We are doing the best we can to ensure his recovery but the odds look low. He was punctured in his chest breaking his ribs and tearing his lungs. We have advanced medicine and quirks that can help us but it can only help to a certain extent. He has a chance in survival, but he also has a chance in deceasing."

The room fell quiet as Eijirou's eyes once again went white. The idea of losing his best friend, was foreign to him. The idea of losing someone he admired and cherished was foreign to him. The idea of losing the person he felt true feelings for, was foreign.

The idea of losing Bakugou Katsuki was alien.

--|--

Just like the nurse said, Eijirou was discharged by the end of the day. But that didn't mean he would leave the hospital. As soon as he was able to leave, he charged down the hallways to find Katsuki's room. When he asked where his room was, they said it was classified information and to sit in the waiting room and they would give him updates. So that's exactly where he went.

Eijirou sat in the waiting room for hours, impatiently tapping his feet repeatedly to the cold hospital tile. He continued to wait for hours without end. Visitors came to bring him home, of course every other person other then his actual family. Apparently neither his mother nor father had the time to show their face, 'Of course...' he thought.

No nurse ever came to update on him. All he knew was that he was in surgery. Apparently the Bakugou family was in another waiting room but he didn't have the guts to say something to them or see their worried faces. He didn't think they would've wanted to see him. Eijirou knew he would talk to them and apologize for everything he has done, but now didn't feel like the right time.

He never went to find a distraction, he just sat down in the uncomfortable hospital chair or paced in the small hallway with thoughts taking over his mind inordinately. He realized the amount of guests waiting began to decrease, most likely due to it being night or the person they were waiting on was discharged and left with them, but he couldn't care, he was going to wait all week if it meant being there for when he wakes up, which he promised himself he would.

Eventually he somehow fell into a sleep deprived slumber without realizing he fell asleep. There was only one thought he remembered having before he drifted away into sleep was-

"Please stay strong Katsuki."

__________________

Sorry for the wait guys ❤️

Voting and sharing is deeply appreciated