T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Y/N's POV

"So," I start after standing there for a few moments just watching as Jin continues assessing Yeonjun's already assessed injuries. "What's his plan?"

When not one of them answer, I get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I look slowly over at Namjoon and glare. "What. Is. The. Plan?" I repeat, emphasizing each word clearly.

Namjoon sighs and looks at me. "We...can't tell you."

"What?" I ask, my tone sharp.

"Just...trust that we will tell you the plan when you need to hear it," he answers, calmly.

Namjoon takes his bottom lip between his teeth for a moment nervously. He doesn't fidget or tap his foot. He just looks into my eyes with a straight face and pleading features.

Jeongguk steps in when I don't say anything else. "This is sketchy. Everything about this makes me feel uneasy."

"I agree, actually," Yeonjun adds, behind me. "I saw how easy it was for Jimin to just take over someone. It wasn't hard for him at all. I'm just gonna be honest and say, I don't completely trust them."

I look back at Yeonjun and he looks serious. Jin turns toward me and gives me a small smile, but doesn't say anything. Jin has never been one to insert his voice in a conversation like this.

I sigh and turn back towards Namjoon and Jeongguk. "I do. I trust them. Maybe I shouldn't, but I can sense it. I see it in his eyes," I nod. "He's telling the truth."

"I don't know..." Yeonjun starts.

"Well, I do. I am making an executive decision right now and if it backfires, I give you permission to hate me," I say, firmly. "Anyway, I'm your boss and you listen to me."

I can practically hear the smirk on Jeongguk's face.

Yeonjun groans. "You know I won't hate you. I trust you. If you trust them, I'll go along with it. But I won't trust them until I see proof that they're on our side."

Taehyung smiles. "Smart kid," he turns to look at me. "You've raised him well."

"It's only been a year," I chuckle.

"Still," he starts. "I can see your personality in the way he acts. Strong, brave, kind, and doesn't take shit from no one."

I laugh. "Yeah, that's Yeonjun."

We fall into a comfortable silence.

"I feel so out of place," I hear Soobin whisper from behind me.

I turn to look at him and he's looking down at his hands.

"I know nothing about you guys, yet I'm joining forces with you. I didn't know this was Yeonjun's life or I wouldn't have--"

"Wouldn't have?" Yeonjun cuts him off with wide eyes.

Soobin snaps his mouth shut.

"We're the same people we were before you found all this out, Soobin," I try to remind him.

"It's not like that," he continues. "My feelings about you guys haven't changed. It's just...I shouldn't have involved myself with you guys. I don't want to endanger you."

Whatever he's hiding is about to come out.

"Endanger us more than we already are?" I chuckle. "Soobin, we're a mafia. We're used to danger. But we're not just a mafia. We're a family. You're a part of our family now."

He looks down, a pained look on his face. "You don't know what you're getting into with me."

"Whatever you're hiding needs to be said now," I tell him.