vi

[Word count: 4,030]

| chapter - six |

\ trouble in paradise, part-two /

> end of episode - three <

Not even two-minutes in and Linnett already wanted to change back into her old clothing. Once again, she wouldn't mind new ones... just not... these ones. She felt weird as she showed a lot of skin; too much skin for her liking. She began to wonder what Garnett would think, or even Warren, or the others. And she had the sudden urge to hug herself, hide in shame or defeat, or even embarrassment. She can't be intimidating in this.

A tube top underneath a floral tassel top and bottoms was all it took to make her feel insecure. Sure, she felt feminine. But she felt almost too feminine. This definitely wasn't a fit for the apocalypse. And suddenly she was reminded of all the days she'd been teased by bullies, when all she was trying to do was look and feel pretty. Had this not been the apocalypse, she might've and would've accepted this. But, no.

Addy had on something similar, but covering it was a very short silky robe. Moonshade and Stormy opened the door of the trailer they were in, as they stepped out, allowing the two newly dressed girls to come on out.

"You look beautiful." Moonshade mused - or what Linnett think's is Moonshade, she could've beem Stormy for all she knew. "Both of you." And for a moment the compliment almost worked, but not quite. She wasn't going to fall for it that easily.

Addy wasn't satisfied, "I look like a post-apocalyptic stripper."

Linnett nodded in agreement, "And I look like I'm about to give the lap dance of a life-time." Her tongue wiggled in her jaw, almost wanting to slap herself for even saying those words out loud.

As the both of them stepped out. Moonshade turned and hummed as she held her hip almost seductively, "More like bait."

Addy gave a strange look as Tobias spoke out, "Look at you, mother will be so pleased. Supper will be ready soon, set the table and set a place of honor for our guests next to mother."

Moonshade and Stormy didn't hesitate as they began to do just that. Linnett was still nervous, not wanting to be anywhere near that woman who Tobias had called 'mother'. Something didn't sit right with her, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to find out or not.

Addy turned to the trailer, "Where are you Mack?" she whispered, Linnett couldn't agree more.

The red-head began to walk slowly away from the trailer, over to another as she looked around. She motioned Linnett with her, and the blonde archer began to follow.

But that was when she realized something was missing. Her bow, her arrow and her radio. She couldn't believe she didn't notice this until now, she was just so distracted by everything else that was happening. She began to silently panic, anxiety settling and sadness sizzling. But, she did her best to hide it under an emotionless face, just like always. Because in the apocalypse she learned that emotions no longer existed. You couldn't have them, because all you do is kill and survive.