xiv

[Word count: 2,700]

| chapter - fourteen |

\ when the party's over, part-two /

> end of episode - seven <

It had only been a bit since Linnett and Citizen Z were talking over her radio, but for some reason, she felt comfortable with the guy.

"So, how you holdin' up, ever since... you know?"

"I'm okay. Doing great, actually."

Lies.

"That bad?"

His voice told her he could see through her pain.

Linnett sighs, "Was it that obvious?"

"Kinda... Gee, I'm sorry, kid. I wish there was something I could do to help."

Shooting was heard from outside of the Fu-Bar and Linnett couldn't help but look out of the windows.

"What in the world is going out over there?"

She shrugged as though he could see her, "Not entirely sure, a bunch of people are lined up, shooting things. Can't tell if we're in trouble or they're playing some game." She explains. "I do see Doc and Ten in the mix, but I can't make out anyone else, too many people in one spot. I can hear them cheering, so it must be something good."

Her eyes shifted as the doors sprung open and a man hobbled his way to the bar table.

"You okay, Forman?" The bartender asked. "You don't look so good." He shook his head in concern. "You bleeding?"

"I'm more than bleeding, you idiot." Forman had a rough tinge to his tone, voice husky and tired. "I'm bit!" He grabbed a glass of alcohol and chugged it as he continued with, "Some zombie-looking mother bit me!"

"Is everything alright on your end? From what that guy said, it doesn't sound like it."

Citizen Z listened in, but Linnett couldn't seem to respond.

The bartender leaned on the table, "If it was a zombie, you'd have turned."

Forman swung around and pulled at his clothes, revealing the bite. Linnett sneered, she found it gross. "I don't know what he was. But he wasn't right!"

"Kinda like you..." Linnett mumbled under her breath, feeling like she was sassier than ever since the Garnett incident. She could've sworn a chuckle was heard through her radio.

Forman looked to her, "What was that blondie? Wanna tussle?"

She raised a hand in defeat, "By all means, no thank you."