x

[Word count: 2,972]

| chapter - ten |

\ we happy few, part-two /

> end of episode - five <

"Guys, be gentle with him." Linnett ordered. "Gentle... gentle." Only to flinch when Rick's body thumped on the table inside the basement of the house.

"Easy now!" Doc scoffed.

"Sorry..." Mack cringed.

Janey adjusted her husbands head underneath a blanket made of yarn. As he seemed to mutter stuff under his breath, "Tell those frat boys out there to turn down the death metal..." He stuttered under his breath. "... I'll call the cops again. I'll tell them..."

All the while blood was running down his face, coming straight from his head.

"The dude's brain is getting crushed by the swelling." Doc worried. "We need to relieve the pressure."

Mack looked up at the older man, "Great. How are we gonna do that?"

"Uh..." Doc took a sharp breath. "I-I don't know exactly. But..." He suddenly gets excited having certain thoughts. "But, I-I saw this once on an episode of ER-"

Linnett's shoulders slumped as she leaned the back of her pelvis against the table, thinking he was going somewhere for a second only to hear the other half.

She proceeded to hold her temples with her hand, "Well great, you saw an episode of ER, out of all things, Doc!"

Doc brought his hand out to her, "No-no! Hold on, just hear me out for a second, Linny!"

She gave a long sigh and crossed her arms, looking towards the older man who often reminded her of a druggie Santa Claus that always got high off Z-Weed.

Doc continued off of his idea from the show, ER, "We need to drain the blood out, I think. So I need something sharp or pointy to..." He looks around. "Like a corkscrew, or uh-uh, an icepick?"

"Murphy!" Mack calls out. "Murphy? A little help."

Linnett gives a distasteful grimace when they watch the immune man himself walk into the basement with them, no hair, no mustache nor beard, no nothing. He didn't look the same. And he somehow looked dirtier than before, she didn't know how he could've achieved that.

"D*mn it." Mack muttered, pulling out his pistol. "Murphy! What the hell, man?" He put his weapon away.

"Murphy!" Doc nearly laughed. "The world's coming apart around us, man. And you decided it's time for a haircut?"

"Keep him away from Rick!" Janey complained.

Linnett notices that the man seems to look lost, as he touches his own face, "Now's not the time to stare into space!"