v

[Word count: 3,777]

| chapter - five |

\ trouble in paradise, part-one /

> episode - three <

"Philadelphia." Murphy cooed, as he watched a woman get mauled by Zombies. "Ah, the city of brotherly love."

Linnett sat against her feet in the bed of the pickup truck, waiting for anything to happen. As Doc stood up on the bed leaning his hands against the truck, as he scouted out as well. Mack on the right side of him, sitting on the rim of the bed. And 10K sitting on the left of the man, also on the rim.

She noticed a Zombie getting uncomfortably close to the truck, as they began to slow down a bit. She pulled the string of her bow with a loaded arrow as she waited for it to strike, but she kept waiting as it seemed to do almost nothing.

10K looked back at her, "Li-" He caught himself before he could say her nickname. "-X, do you ever actually use that bow? Or is it just for show?"

She was going to answer his question, only for the Zombie to make up it's mind and growl. She let the arrow fly, taking it down.

Looking up at him with a side smirk and a raised brow, "Yes." 10K didn't answer back, the only thing he did was give her the expression that he was impressed. And she felt as though that was a small achievement. Mentally patting herself on the back.

And that's when they came to a full stop. "Is that really the liberty bell?" Mack wondered, almost seeming to be amazed.

Garnett hopped out of the truck, and walked closer. "'Proclaim liberty throughout all the land and unto all the inhabitants thereof.'" He read it out loud. "Yeah, that's it."

Doc got closer as well, "Three years of Zombie Apocalypse, you think you've seen everything."

Warren added to mix, "Well when everything went bad, they probably tried to save a little history." As she then began to check if there was gas in the tank of the white truck that the bell stood on.

"Yeah, well they should've known the only thing you can save is yourself." Murphy complained. "Let's go!"

"Hang on!" Warren sighed. "If this thing still has fuel - and it does." She then spoke to Garnett. "If we get this thing started, they won't have to ride in the open like that." She referred to Doc, Mack, 10K and Linnett. And it got Garnett thinking.

"Well I'm all for that," Doc hummed.

Mack perked up, "I'll grab the jumper cable."

"God bless the human race," Doc sighed, as he looked at the bell. "ninety-nine percent of them dead, but there's still that one jacka** alive with a spray can."