xvii

[Let us be fools and pretend this is Linny. Lmaooooo. I will settle into this temporary delusion of a false facecaim, thank you very much. :>]

[Word count: 5,400]

| chapter - seventeen |

\ theory of a dead man, part-one /

> episode - ten <

"Is this entire state uphill?" Murphy panted. "Where are we anyway?"

Warren answered, "According to this this map, we're in the Black Hills of South Dakota."

Linnett travelled in the back with 10K, "At this rate, I'll be in my mid-fifties by the time we get to California." She was exhausted.

"Same." Cassandra sighed. "I miss the truck."

"Could always be worse, at least we're out of that d*mn horde." Warren made a good point.

10K complained though, "There's nothing to kill out here!"

"That's fine by me." Warren shook her head.

This caused 10K to pout with a groan, which Linnett found to be quite adorable. "What?" He asked, after noticing the little sneer on her face.

She gave a light chuckle, "Oh, nothing."

Though, she would admit. She felt the same in a way, to the boy. She could barely wait to use her new metal arrows.

"We need to find a place to make camp soon." Doc suggested. "My dogs is gettin' tired." Linnett couldn't agree more.

"Well," Warren took a breath. "There's supposed to be a little town nearby called Edgemont." She explained. "I'll take a compass reading at this next ridge up here."

"Can't we just take a break?" Doc complained.

Warren stopped with a nod, reading the compass device, "A quick one."

Linnett was momentarily relieved, she's never walked for such a long time, without stopping once, in her life. And considering the world had ended three years prior, that was saying a lot. "Phew."

"Oh my God." Cassandra exasperated, sounding bewildered as ever. "Look."

They all got closer, "Now who in the hell did that?"

Lo and behold, Mount Rushmore, quite the sight for sore eyes, if Linnett said for herself. But... it was much different than they were in pictures, in the past. That was for sure.

Perhaps she never got the memo.

"Some daredevil with a sick sense of humor." Doc answered.

"Is that Mount Rushmore?" 10K wondered.