xii

[Thought this was a perfect fit, to be honest.]

[Word count: 2,466]

| chapter - twelve |

\ knockin' on heaven's door, part-two /

> end of episode - six <

"10K!" Warren exasperated as they all fled out off the building, after the counter took the large wooden cross away from blocking the door. "Linny!" She added on the second her eyes glanced at the girl next to him.

As 10K and Doc go ahead and block the door with the same cross, Garnett pulled Linnett into a hug as she returned it.

"You've gotta stop disappearing on me like that, Linny." He took a breath in relief. "It's not good for the heart!"

"I'm sorry!" She apologized. "But," She dragged out. "you're glad I did, right?"

Garnett held his hips after letting her go, for using that same line she did after finding her in the bed of the truck at the beginning of the mission. And with a scoff, "Aren't you something..."

But he couldn't help himself to smile, as she returned it.

Garnett then brought his attention back as the zombies nearly opened the door from the cross, "How do we get out of here?"

10K looked at the man, full of adrenaline, "Linny and I have been using the roofs to move," He explained. "The cult freaks are in the compound. Armed."

Addy couldn't help but shoot a fast glance at the tall boy, noticing that he used Linnett's nickname, not 'X' anymore. She didn't comment, but it was an interesting little detail to the red-head. She almost smiled at the thought.

"Murphy?" Warren wondered.

Linnett shrugged whilst 10K shook his head, "Haven't seen him."

"We need weapons, then we'll find Murphy." Garnett suggested. "Let's go."

But as they began to flee, they only stopped seconds after they moved after a small group with guns came before them.

"Greetings brothers and sisters. The Resurrection Church welcomes you. Please raise your hands to the heavens, or I will resurrect you where you stand." A man threatened.

But Cassandra seemed to have other plans as she grabbed both 10K and Linnett's hands, on both of her sides and pulled them into a running motion. As they were shot at, but got away within seconds to spare, beyond the buildings.

***

Linnett hid beyond a wall right next to Cassandra, as the girl next to her snapped her fingers, distracting the man with the gun in the hallway. And the second he turned around, 10K popped out and knocked him out with a small plank.