✮ Jacob x Reader ✮

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

I sat, holding the now crumpled piece of paper, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. The low rumble of the train swayed me slightly, as if trying to tell me to relax. I looked over the letter again and again, trying to pretend it wasn't real and it was all a dream.

Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

"Dear Y/N L/N,
We are writing to inform you in a change of location, regarding a new mission. You will leave your current location, London, and take the train to Cardiff in Wales. Please take any possessions with you, as you may not be required back in London again. The train departs on the upcoming Friday, at twelve noon.
Sincerely,
Assassin's Headquarters" (is that what its called? Feel free to correct me.)
My heart thudded as I heard Jacob come back onto the train. It was going to break my heart to tell him.

So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long

"Y/N? Love?" Jacob's voice called out. I looked up at him, praying that there weren't tear stains on my cheeks. A small smile pulled at my lips and I stood up and embraced him. "What's wrong?" He whispered, while playing with my H/C hair. "I.." I started. It wasn't long before fresh floods of tears ran down my face again. "Hey, hey, love. Don't cry, I'm here," he spoke calmly. I took a deep breath and started again. "I've been relocated to Cardiff for a mission and I might not come back."

They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song

"What?" His face fell, his eyes searching mine. "You can't go, love! Please, stay here!" Jacob pleaded, holding onto me tightly while I sobbed into his shoulder. "I'll try and come back, I swear," I croaked, tears still glistening in my eyes and on my cheeks. We were both so caught up in each other that we didn't realize Evie had come in. "What's wrong Y/N? Why are you crying?" She asked, coming over to her.
"She's been told she has to leave London and she may not be coming back," Jacob explained, still playing with my hair. She stood awkwardly for a moment. "Oh, I'm so sorry Y/N. Maybe you will be allowed back with us. Do you know how long you're going for?" She asked. "Roughly six months," I weeped, wanting to be in Jacob's arms forever.

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Faster than expected, Friday had arrived. I woke up next to Jacob, feeling overly emotional that I wouldn't wake up like this potentially ever again. I smiled at his sleeping form and got out of bed to get ready for the trip. As I started packing my bags, I felt a pair of muscular arms snake around my waist. "Good morning, my love," Jacob mumbled into my ear in a deep, husky voice. "Morning," I said, smiling. Even though I was secretly upset, I was going to be brave so I wouldn't make things harder. "You ready to go?" He asked, returning to the bed. I nodded and went back onto the bed with him, savoring every last moment I had with him.

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

We arrived at the train station, carting all my belongings along with us. Finally, we got to the right platform with five minutes to spare. As soon as we got to the right place, I dropped all my belongings and threw my arms around Jacob. "I'm really gonna miss having you about, doll," he said, smiling sadly. "Likewise, darling. Likewise," I said, my words muffled as mu face was buried in his chest. "Don't forget me, love."
"I wouldn't dream of it, dear."
The distance whistle of the train was projected through the station, signaling that it was time for final goodbyes. "Goodbye Jacob," I said, tears spilling out of my eyes. He wiped them away and kissed my forehead. "Goodbye, love."

Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

I boarded the train, waving to Jacob and Evie from my seat by the window. Jacob blew a kiss and I pretended to catch it. A small smile tugged on my lips and I continued to wave as the train pulled out of the station. I rested my head against the head rest of the chair, trying not to let my emotions get the best of me anymore. Watching trees go past the window, I felt my eyes close and take me away.

So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won't be long

"Dear Jacob, May 14th, 1868
I made it to Wales safely! I miss you all so much, and I hope I'll be able to see you again soon. Business is going well so far, I hope everything is okay back in London. Please write soon.
Love,
Y/N"

They'll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song

"Dear Y/N, May 16th, 1868
I'm glad you made it safely, love. We miss you too, and can't wait until you come back. Everything is okay here, we've been getting on with business as much as we can. Come home soon, my love. I love you.
Love,
Jacob"

We'll meet again

6 months later, 9th of November, 1868.
The train clicked on the track as it made its way to London from Cardiff. I smiled as I remembered what day it was. Jacob and Evie's birthday. I hadn't planned to come back on their birthday, but the only train anytime soon was today. Watching the wildlife fly past the window, I reminded myself that I was coming back.

Don't know where

The train halted to a stop in the station with a whistle. I took my belongings and started to make my way towards where Jacob would be. A wave of relief hit me as I stepped out into the bustling streets of London. God, had I missed this place! The smell of smoke polluting the air, the cries of sellers in the markets, the children running through the streets; everything here had a story to tell. I found the train where Jacob and Evie would hopefully be.

Don't know when

I silently got aboard the train and saw the twins turned the other way at the far end of the train. You grinned and crept up on them both.
"Miss me much?"
"Y/N?!"
I laughed as the both spun around and grabbed me into a tight hug. "We missed you so much!" Evie squealed. She let go and looked me up and down. "You look so different!" She exclaimed. I laughed while Jacob stood there too shocked to say anything. I wrapped my arms around him and reached up to kiss him. "I missed you, love," he mumbled, before attacking me with more kisses.
"Well I'm not going anywhere again for a while, don't worry."
"Good. I love you, darling."
"I love you too, dear."

But I know we'll meet again
Some sunny day

This is my favourite one so far, the song just has a lot of meaning to me and its beautiful. If you're enjoying this type of oneshot, please leave a vote to show us! We love writing them and we'll continue if you like them
Thank you lovelies
Xx