✮ Altaïr x Reader ✮

Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together
I need the other one to hold you
Make you feel, make you feel better
It's not a walk in the park to love each other
But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're worth it

"Are you even listening to me?!" I fumed at Altaïr, who was busy doing something 'important'. "I'll be honest with you, Y/N," he breathed, looking up. "No, I'm not." I began to feel my blood boil. "You know how to push it, don't you?" I growled, restraining myself from reaching up and slapping him there and then. He sure deserved it.

'Cause after all this time
I'm still into you

Once again, I got ignored. It's quite standard at this point. I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the office, making sure to slam the door. Why was he being like this? It's so unusual for him to be this snappy and rude. I miss the old Altaïr, the one who would cuddle me when I felt down, who would listen to me.

I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you, I'm into you
Let 'em wonder how we got this far,
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah, after all this time
I'm still into you

I decided to take a stroll to the top of mine and Altaïr's favourite spot. We had our first date there and our first kiss there. It was always so peaceful there. It was the top of a hill, it was grassy with little flowers sprouting out of the ground. A large oak tree stood proudly, leaves shaking and rustling in the wind. I went and placed myself down by the tree, staring out over the city.

Recount the night that I first met your mother
And on the drive back to my house I told you that, I told you that I loved ya
You felt the weight of the world fall off the shoulder
And to your favorite song we sang along, to the start of forever

Altaïr's P.O.V
Okay, I'll admit, I did feel bad about treating Y/N like that. But in my defense, I was preparing something really special for her and she kept bugging me. As we had been together for a couple of years now, I was planning on proposing to her. I knew exactly where she would be, and after I had finished doing the final parts, I would go and find her. All I have left to do now is hope.

And after all this time
I'm still into you

Reader's P.O.V
The evening was now drawing in, and it was getting a little colder. I was still looking out over the city, taking in the calm atmosphere around me. I heard a few crunches from behind me, but I brushed it off as a bird or something. What I didn't expect, however, was Altaïr to come creeping out. "Evening, dear," he said, smiling. I turned and scowled at him. "Come to apologize, have we?" I asked, turning around again. "Well, Y/N, it's an apology of sorts..." he trailed off coming to stand in front of me.

I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you, I'm into you
Let 'em wonder how we got this far,
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time
I'm still into you

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" I questioned. Altaïr looked into my eyes before dropping to one knee. I gasped as the realization of what was happening hit me. "You've made me the happiest man alive since the moment I met you. You're always there for me. I'm sorry for being short with you recently, I just wanted to make everything perfect for you. And therefore, Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

Some things just, some things just make sense
And one of those is you and I
Some things just, some things just make sense
And even after all this time

My eyes started dripping with tears. "Yes!" I cried, jumping up and down. Altaïr grinned one of his rare but adorable smiles. He wrapped his arms around my waste and kissed the top of my head. "I love you so much, dear. Never forget that."
"I love you too, Altaïr. I'm the luckiest girl alive."

I'm into you
Baby not a day goes by that I'm not into you

We both sat down by the tree, pulling each other closer after we were seated. We looked up at the sky and at the stars, and he started to smile. "What's so funny?" I asked, heart still racing. "The fact that, out of billions of other places in the universe, I was chosen to be in the same one as you."
"You're so cheesy, I love it."

I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you, I'm into you
Let 'em wonder how we got this far,
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time

A few months later, the day of our wedding arrived. It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful ceremony. Everyone was feeling a mutual happiness, and it was amazing. I couldn't have wished for more. A couple of weeks after, we found out I was pregnant. We were both over the moon, having talked about starting a family for quite a while. Overall, I'd say I had a perfect life, with a perfect partner. I loved him and he loved me, and that's how it would remain.

I'm still into you
I'm still into you
I'm still into you

Hey! Here's the first Altaïr oneshot in the book! I think it's kinda cute to be honest. Let us know what you thought❤️
Thank you lovelies
Xx