✮ altaïr x reader ✮

This oneshot is based off of the how you met preference, so if you haven't read that, go read it now :)

Altaïr stalked across the buildings, eyes darting across the streets of the large city. He was taking his rounds to check the city, keeping the citizens safe, watching for trouble. He found it relaxing to take these rounds, there was nothing to bother him, it was peaceful and quiet. He placed himself on a roof and took in his surroundings, being sure not to turn all his attention to his alone time.

Y/N's POV

I made my way to the market stalls in the city centre, going to retrieve some shopping for my parents. They usually sent me out to get groceries, so they could continue to carry on with their work. I didn't mind, it was good to get outside and see people. The friendly stall-tenders called to me, offering various goods for me to take home. I picked up a few things and inspected them, before placing them into my basket and handing the coins into the stall-tender's palm.

I made my way back home again as the sun began to set. The evening heat complimented the breeze that blew my H/C hair. Children were still out playing, their sweet voices filling the air as they kicked a small ball around. I smiled at this sound, hearing that immediately uplifted my mood.

After taking a few more steps through the city, I felt a man crash into me. He apologised and started to run away. "Odd," I thought, but I continued to walk. Then it struck me, the man had taken my basket of shopping! "Hey!" I screamed, chasing down the man.

3rd Person POV

Altaïr stretched out and yawned, he hadn't seen much action today and he was growing bored and was pretty much ready to sign off for the day. That was until the disruption of the silence in the form of a high scream. Altaïr sprung to his feet and leapt off the building, swiftly moving towards the source of the sound. As he drew closer, he saw a woman chasing after a man holding a basket. "Come back! That's mine!" She hollered, continuing to sprint behind the man. Altaïr started to follow them and eventually caught up to the man, tackling him to the ground. "I believe that doesn't belong to you," he growled, snatching the basket back.

Y/N's POV

I finally caught up to the thief and noticed that the hooded man had caught him. He picked up my basket and handed it back to me. "Here," he said quietly, placing the basket back in my arms. I nodded gratefully and smiled. "Thank you, I appreciate your help," I thanked him and turned to walk away before I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Let me walk you back to your home. It will be dark soon."

We strolled back to my home together, making general conversation as we walked. I learnt a lot about him. His name was Altaïr and he worked as an assassin. I was instantly intrigued by him, he was kind and interesting. Definitely not how I expected an assassin to act.

"Well, this is my house," I stated, stopping outside the gate. "Thank you for getting my shopping back and walking me home," I thanked him once again, nodding at him. "It's my pleasure, Y/N. I hope I see you again in the future," he said, hopefully. "That would be nice," I replied, pushing open the gate and entering the house. I placed my shopping down on the table, unable to wipe the stupid smile I was left with.

As I reached my bedroom, I glanced out of the window and noticed a silhouette perched on the building opposite. The figure waved as I finally realised who it was. Altaïr. I grinned and waved back before sliding into my bed and heading off to sleep, as Altaïr jumped across the buildings back to his home.

I really liked writing a oneshot based off of a preference, what do you guys think?
Thank you lovelies
Xx