Chapter 6

THIS IS DEDICATED TO OWLGIRL121! Thank you for all the nice compliments, and honestly, I like your face too!

I laid back in bed, unable to get the picture of the Italian out of my head. "he's just so, so mesmerizing..." I whispered so only I could hear my thoughts, but I quickly shook my head. "I can't love him, I can't like him, I can't even know him! Get these thoughts out of your head Steven! I can't get attached... because sooner or later, someone will figure me out" tears pricked my eyes. "why can't I just be a normal kid? Why does everyone hate me and think I'm a freak?!" My tears started flowing freely, and I flipped over, so my face was buried in my pillow, so I wouldn't wake up my mother with my pitiful sobs. The world slowly went black as I cried my self to sleep. My dreams soon took over my body...

(Dreams, cuz all my books have to have them)

I stood barefoot on a freezing cold, bluish surface. It was so cold, it stung my feet, making me shift from foot to foot. ice. oh no, not this! Memories came flooding back to me. Dad. skating. cracking. drowning. my head spun. I didn't want to be here, not at all. I heard a voice so familiar it snapped me out of my crazed memories. "S-Steven?" I opened my eyes which I didn't know I had closed to see a man standing a few feet in front of me. "Anthony" I whispered, the chilled air making my breath visible. "h-help m-me" he said, shivering a bit. His lips were purple and his chocolate eyes were stretched wide open in panic. I looked down at his feet, he was wearing skates, and glued to the spot, but that wasn't what made me gasp in horror. thin cracks had formed under him, and slowly kept progressively getting bigger and bigger. I acted fast. I took a tentative step forward, trying to make sure the ice didn't break anymore, then another and another until I was arms length from him. "take my hand" I said calmly and loudly. He slowly and carefully outstretched his arm to my hand and grasped It tightly, making me gasp at how cold his hands were. They were like ice themselves, making me shudder. I heaved him forward towards me, but he tripped and fell on the slippery ground. 'crap.' Was all I could think before a huge "CRACK!" Was heard and the frozen ground split apart under him. The last thing I saw before I woke up was the terrified face of Anthony as he plunged into his icy death.

(IRL)

I sat up gasping, feeling my face to make sure it was real life. I sighed ,in relief as I realized it was just a dream. 'but everything seemed so real' I thought to myself. I could feel and remember every detail of the horrifyingly vivid dream. I got out of bed and started to get ready for school, I hate nightmares...

I walked into science class, early as usual to a strange surprise. Chilled was already there, sitting in his seat besides mine. He was wearing a jacket though, which I have never seen him do, even on the coldest days, and was shivering. His nose was red and he looked extremely uncomfortable. I walked over to him carefully setting my things down. I tapped the table, and he turned to look at me. "yes?" He asked, his voice sounded nasally, and he didn't have his usual smug attitude to his words. I just cocked my head, asking him what was wrong with my motions instead of words. "I don't know what's wrong... first I'm feeling great, then I go to bed and have this weird dream and then I feel terrible. I don't even have a fever, so my mom doesn't think I'm sick! I'm as cold as ice though, which is weird." that had to have been the longest thing he had ever said to me, and it wasn't even jerky... was it because he doesn't feel good, or does he actually want to be my friend, but his ego is in the way? I pondered. I reached out tentatively and touched his hand. It was cold... and I mean cold, like ice cold... just like in my dream! He said he had a weird dream, was it the same one I had? My eyes shot open, and he looked at me bewhildered. "what? Is something wrong?" I regained myself quickly the. Shook my head, this was weird... weird indeed.

<><><><><><><><><><>
Sorry it's kinda short.... I *yawn* kinda want to go to bed, love ya and bai!