Chapter 18

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

FROM YOURS TRULY AND FLAVIO THE FABULOUS!!
(As seen in picture)

All of you are beautiful, and amazing people! Never change!

Enjoy!

<><><><><><><><><><>

A strangled scream came from the broken ice in front of me, water sloshing everywhere. "Z-ZE! HELP!" Anthony cried as I stared in horror. I was shocked, but quickly shook my head, and took action. Skating as quickly as I could to the cold water, I tore off my heavy skates, and thick jacket, staring at the water in front of me. Memories flashed in my mind, as I tried to decide what to do.

Cracking, falling, freezing, screaming...

Drowning, calls for help, crying...

Scared...

The main emotion that bounced around in his head.

I was a coward then,
But I'm braver now,

Even if I'm still... scared...

I looked at the dark mass of rippling water, eyes darting about, I could still faintly see the outline of my lover's body, underneath the sheen of cold.

Forget what happened,
Act in the now, not the then, not the way back when.

I narrowed my eyes, brow knitting together as I took a deep breath.

And then I jumped.

The cold water surrounded me, making the impact of the freezing water shock me, and make me stop completely. As my flesh went numb, I opened my eyes. the rushing water making the world around me waver. I faintly made out the shape of a body below me.

Anthony...

He was struggling, trying to bring himself up, bubbles flying out of his mouth as he saw me.

The skates were weighing him down.

He was sinking...

My eyes snapped open even further, and I swam deeper and deeper into the dark liquid.

I extended my arm to the flailing man, and he reached his up too. We were so close, almost touching.

But not close enough.

The eerie silence didn't fit with the situation. the aura of it all extremely panicked and deadly, but the silence that blotted out the sounds of the world around me... it calmed me...

Focused me...

I reached farther, and farther, until my hand slipped into his...

I swam upwards, using all my strength to get to the surface, and not die a cold, torturous death.

We rose slowly, and quicker over time, me gaining more momentum than the pressure filled water above us.

Closer, and closer, and closer...

I broke the surface first, reaching my free hand up and trying to anchor myself on the slippery white surface.

Digging, and scratching my nails into the ice, I finally got a stable position. I yanked Chilled up, and as his head popped up, he started gasping for air.

"We need to get out of here, now!"

I yelled in warning, it was too cold, too cold.

I struggled to get a leg up and out of the water, the exhausting swim taking its toll. When I finally did, I was panting, my lips a dark purple from the freezing waters.

I rolled the rest of my body out. My hand still clutching on to the almost unconscious Italian's, who's head was rolling around, as if he was about to go to sleep.

"Anthony! Stay Awake!"

He opened his eyes a bit more, slowly focusing on my face, and I grabbed his other hand, moving backwards, and using the rest of my strength to rip the taller man away from the ferocious strong waters.

I panted heavily, knowing we were almost there...

Almost there...

Those two words rang out in my head, making me push forward, enough to carry a stumbling Anthony to the Edge of the lake, where all of our stuff lay.

So close...

I stripped myself of my waterlogged clothes, except for my boxers, because, if I die of cold in public, I want my dignity.

I then snatched my heavy jacket I had thrown earlier and brought it to the weak, whimpering Italian.

I took the sopping wet clothes and ice skates off him as well, leaving him in his briefs. I wrapped him up in the heavy jacket, and nuzzled up beside him, trying to conserve all body heat.

Both exhausted...

But not done yet.

I grabbed the phone from the pocket of the jacket, and as my teeth chattered from the freezing cold, called up my mother.

"H-hello? Steven?"

My mothers voice ring out.

"H-help m-m-me..."

I chattered.

"What happened?! Where are you??"

"We fell in the water while iceskating, were in a small secluded spot on the west side of the park... please hurry, it's very cold"

I whispered. My eyelids sagging.

You can't give up now...

Anthony was out like a light, his head lolled to one side and he whimpered from the cold frequently, making me wrap my arms around the death-defying man besides me...

Just a little longer...