Not all is lost

The twins looked at their now wrecked hang glider and the falls with the destroyed woven basket impaled by the rocks at the bottom of the falls and the remaining treasure which is by now under the water. "I can't believe we lost the treasure." Said Jake. "We may not have the treasure but look over there." She points over at Larry stuck in a giant anthill made from fire ants looking really uncomfortable. "Just say it already." He said rolling his eyes. "Say what?"
"Like "I told you so", "I knew that guy was up to no good", what a big idiot I was for trusting him." Jake said rubbing his arm bashfully. "Best two out three on what I was gonna say." She tells him. "But we experienced an epic adventure in the jungle, swung on vines, found ancient ruins, stuck to my word with having him shoved into the nearest anthill. We may not have made off with that golden idol or a basketful of treasure but I found this instead!"

She digs through a part of her khaki vest to take out a rather large black diamond she pocketed before running out of the temple that is the size of a cantaloupe

"Wow look at the size of that rock! That would be enough for not just one posh vacation home in Hawaii but for like more luxurious vacation homes in other locations of the world

"Wow look at the size of that rock! That would be enough for not just one posh vacation home in Hawaii but for like more luxurious vacation homes in other locations of the world." Said Jake eagerly having tiny dollar signs in his eyes. "Not only that but for whatever money we get in exchange for this diamond, I'm splitting it 50/50 like it was originally planned when we would find the lost treasure together." He shakes his sister's hand agreeing on the 50/50 share alike deal. "Now let's find a way back to our treehouse." Mavis looks around seeing nothing but jungle around her. "We'll swing on many vines before it gets too dark out." Jake climbs a tree tilting his head for his sister to follow. They climbed together grabbing the vines. "So you finally figured it out, didn't you?"
"I did and I actually read the book." She smiled softly at him. "To confess, you really knocked Carol Burnett outta the park."

She takes a deep breath a leaps from the branch, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyahhyahyahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"That was still pitchy but awesome!" He leaps swinging after her, "AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHRYAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

The two swung from vine to vine finding their way back home while having their share of fun in the jungle as the sun goes down.

"Tree!" Cries Mavis.

"I know, it would've been more freeing if I wore a loincloth."

"Not free! Tr-"

Wham!

"Tree." She grabs his hand before he fell and throws him over to a close vine. "Mavis what the heck?!" He said swinging on it after her. "Just grab and swing." She said like he did with her when they chased after that miscreant explorer. "I sure hope that isn't payback!"

"WHEEE!" For the first time, Mavis felt so very alive with her brother as their laughter and cries echo deep in the jungle not caring that what she did would be considered as payback.