The Lost Treasure

The two males walk further down in the dark with a lit torch as their only visual aid in the cavernous tunnels  looking out for booby traps but Jake's mind couldn't stop replaying and reliving the memory of his sister falling from the chasm and being too late to save her which brought tears to his eyes wiping them away. "Don't worry Mavis, I'll find that treasure, for us." He takes a deep shaky breath leading the way with Larry Hackton behind him. They keep walking until Jake stopped in his tracks holding his hand out to the male. "Snake pit, why does it have to be a snake pit." The boy lifts the torch to reveal a deep pit filled with the sound of hissing and the light makes out slithering bodies of vipers that seem to be venomous. "How are we going to cross this without getting bitten and injected with snake poison and slowing dying from pain and agony?" He paces around thinking of an idea that would help them get over the viper infested pit until some curved overgrown roots catch his eye. "We can swing from these! I grab the root swing over and then pass it over to you." Said Jake. He tugs at the root to make sure it'll hold for his weight and taking a deep breath, he swings over. "RAWRAWARARWR!!" Larry just stared at the boy questionably as the redhead makes it safely to the other side. "Jake, what was that?" He said rubbing his ear. "My attempt at a call of the wild?" He said shrugging. If Mavis were there she would've elbowed him hard in the stomach for doing that for endangering them with a possible cave-in. "I may not know or understand what that is about but," the khaki clad man tugs at the root ready to swing over to meet with Jake leaping when...

SNAP!

The root breaks having Larry grab at the ledge where Jake stood as the remains of the root fell being engulfed by the slithering serpents in pit below. "Help! Please help!" He cried snapping Jake to attention grabbing the male's hand. "I got you!" He struggles to pull him up from the edge and out of the viper pit. "I'm not letting you go even if I have to suck out the viper venom myself!" He said determined not to lose another like he did Mavis pulling him up with all his strength until he was out of the pit. "Jake, you really saved my life."
"I lost Mavis, I couldn't risk losing you either." Jake looks to see if the explorer is okay after what happened. So far no injuries or snake bites from those vipers. A stray viper slithers itself around Lawrence's ankle.

"Snake!" Jake quickly grabs the reptile before it could bite throwing it into the pit from whence it came from breathing frantically. "No way am I letting you get snake bit." He helps the explorer to his feet to keep walking into the tunnels to find the treasure.

Meanwhile in the deeper bowels, Mavis lays on the ground with a bleeding gash on her forehead that is thankfully not very deep due to some of the protection of her pith helmet quietly groaning in pain covered in dirt, dust, scratches and webbing f...

Meanwhile in the deeper bowels, Mavis lays on the ground with a bleeding gash on her forehead that is thankfully not very deep due to some of the protection of her pith helmet quietly groaning in pain covered in dirt, dust, scratches and webbing from the spiderwebs and cobwebs. Some small pebbles fell on her dusty injured face causing her to slowly awaken from the pain emanating from her forehead. "Jake! Look out!" She gasped sitting up letting her pith helmet fall to the ground lifting her hand up and retracts it seeing blood, her blood on her fingers. "It doesn't seem so serious." She unbuttons part of her shirt and tears off a part of it to bandage her wound as best to her ability then retrieves her pith helmet turning to see it was in front of a skeleton covered in dirt, moss and spider cobwebs making her shriek backing away and tumbling into a sort of secret tunnel and landing into a sort of room which is too dark to see.

Jake lifts up his torch to show what seems to be a stone wall with a series of carvings. "I bet it leads to the treasure on the other side." His hand pressed against a loose stone making the wall slowly move making loose dirt and dust fall until it settles revealing an ancient treasure room filled with tons of gold, silver, precious gems glimmering. "The treasure... WE FOUND IT!!!!" Jake's voiced echoed reverberating in the room shoving the burning torch in Larry's hands making the redhead take like Scrooge McDuck and  jump into the gold proceeding to swim it. "We're rich! Filthy stinking rich!" He said making a gold angel and rolling around the treasure.

"Yes, yes, keep at it, you did it for your sister." Larry said looking for something in it's silver and gold. It was there that a pith helmet was slinking around the gold until it nudges at a rather starry eyed Jake. "What's Larry's pith helmet doing he-" he lifts it to reveal a head of red orange hair like his to pop out and reveal Mavis. He was speechless at the sight of his twin sister in front of him with all this treasure. "M-Mavis, is it really you?"
She blows a loose strand of hair staring back at him. "It sure is you ding-dong."
"Mavis!" Jake hugs his sister tightly and quickly lets go of her. "B-But how?!" She brings her brother over to another part of the ancient treasure room out of Larry's earshot. "Let's just say I already smelled a rat."