A1

(

Her outfit at school)

It's been about five months since Isabella and I moved in with our dad Charlie and with in that time I've discovered a few things, one- Vampires are real, two- shapeshifters exists, three- my dad hates me just as much as Renee, he just doesn't show it as much. He doesn't hurt me, physically at least, he doesn't care what I do at school or after it. Honestly he doesn't even care if I'm at home or not. Unless of course something needs done as poor little Bella is incapable of doing anything by herself.

The only few good things out of this, is that I've made three new friends, Jasper Hale , Rosalie Hale, and Emmett Cullen. All vampires. They refused to believe all the horrible lies that Isabella had told them about me which I'm grateful for. Second, I didn't have to hide anymore, I could be as smart in school as I wanted, as talented and pretty as I wanted to be. I didn't have to wear Isabella's hand-me-downs anymore, I was able to shop for new clothes and makeup and be the person I always wanted to be. Third, I reconnected with Jacob Black, who was a year older then me.

Jacob, Isabella and I were best friends when we were little but then Renee cheated on Charlie and took us away from him. I never saw Jacob after that as Renee never let me visit with my supposed father the way she did Isabella. But the first day we were back him and his father Billy came over and ever since then I've been hanging out with him. And in my time down on the Rez, I found out that shapeshifters were real when I saw Paul close to the beach in utter pain and screaming for help. But before Sam Uley could reach him, Paul shifted into a giant grey and sliver wolf. It had been his first time ever to shift and he was so angry and scared that he almost attacked me. But thanks to Sam and Jared he was able to control it and then had to explain to us both about what was going on.

After that Paul and I got really close, like brother and sister. Rose didn't like me hanging out with them as she was afraid I'd get hurt but I knew they never would.

"Lexi." I heard Jake's voice as my bedroom door opened well more like floor as I lived in the attic.

"Hey Jake." I smiled putting my science book down. "What's up?"

"Bella's birthday is tomorrow and I still have no idea what to get her." He whined causing my smile to fade. You see Jake has been in love with my sister since we were kids and it sucks because I really like him. Sighing I picked up my science book again to continue my homework.

"If that's what you came to talk with me about then go ask Charlie. You know how I feel about her." I snapped.

"Lex, come on, please. I mean she's your sister whatever she did can't be that bad."

"Jacob!" I glared. "Just stop, okay! You know exactly what she did, what they all did, but you don't believe me. No body ever does, because perfect and poor clumsy Isabella can't do something sooo evil right?"

"Le-"

"GO!" I yelled at him. This has been happening a lot more since I've realized that I like him. Us fighting. Sighing I watched as he climbed back down closed the attic door behind him. I couldn't help the pain as it filled my chest as I thought of Jacob's unrequited love for my older sister, why couldn't he love me like that? Why couldn't he be nervous about getting me a birthday present?Groaning I slammed my science book closed and tossed it on my backpack and turned over to look at my ceiling.

One day, I'm going to find someone who loves me like that...

The Next day...

Yawning, I sit up in bed as I reached over to shut off my annoying alarm clock. 5am, groaning I stood up and gathered my things for a shower and headed over to my new added bathroom. It consisted of a teeny tiny shower, a clawfoot tub, a mirror and a toilet which was blocked from view.
Scrubbing my body with my signature Vanilla Bean body wash, and shampoo and conditioner collection I couldn't help but think back to yesterday. Was I too hard on Jacob? Did he deserve that kind of response? Sighing I knew the answer. No, no he didn't but I just couldn't help it. I mean I told him everything about what Renee, and Isabella did and he never once believed me.
So I guess the real question was this, why am I trying so hard to be apart of his life if he thinks I'm such a liar? After blow drying my and fixing my make up I grabbed my bag and headed down stairs to make breakfast, by this point it was already 6:14 which means Isabella and Charlie would be up soon. Deciding on just eggs, sausage and bacon I quickly fried everything up and started on the coffee. By the time they would be down, everything would be set up and ready for them to eat. Hearing their footsteps coming down the stairs I rushed out the door and made my way towards Starbucks for my breakfast and coffee, knowing that I wouldn't be welcome.
"Hey Lexi, what will it be today?" Amanda, the barista asked.
" Hmm how about one iced lemon cake slice, and two cheese danishes and a large Carmel Brulee coffee with a triple shot of espresso and extra whipped cream to go." I smiled.
"Sure thing!" She smiled as she got my order ready. I put a $20 tip in her tip jar before paying for my stuff.
Smiling I grabbed my food and drink and headed out the door towards the school to meet up with Rose, Jaz and Emmett.
Making my way into the parking I noticed that Isabella and Edward were already here but so was Jake. I stopped walking and watched as Jake told her happy birthday and handed her a dream catcher, but not any dream catcher. But the dream catcher I had been wanting to get from that small shop down in La Push.
Glaring at the back of Jake's head I watched as he tensed up,as if he could feel the heat of my anger, and turned and locked eyes with me. And in that moment he knew he screwed up big time as I watched the guilt swirl in his eyes. Spinning around on the heel of my boot I stormed into the school ignoring him as he called out my name.
And I knew that I could no longer deal with Jake and his shit.