D13

"Bring the informer forward." Caius hissed at the guard. Lexi quickly placed Jace and Paul on top of Leah and Rosalice on top of Seth. Their backpacks secured on the tightly for the battle that was about to commence.  "Is that the child you saw?"

Irina glanced at the children, taking in their beautiful faces, her golden eyes coming to rest upon the face of the darling red head. She thought back in a panic trying desperately to recall if this was indeed the same child. Shaking her head lightly she looked away in fear.

"I...I'm not sure." Irina stammered.

"Jane." 

"She's changed. This child is bigger!" She called in a panic, backing up.

"Then your allegations were false." Caius glared, trying desperately to keep his anger in check.

"The Cullens are innocent." Irina announced to the Volturi witnesses before turning to look at her sisters one last time. "I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." And a dark feeling settled over the Cullens and their witnesses, knowing something horrible was about to happen.

"Caius NO!" Edward yelled as two of the Volturi guard ripped off Irina's arms and her head before setting her shattered body a flame. The screams of the Denali Sisters rang out, piercing the ears of everyone as the charged forward ready to kill. 

"Blind them!" Edward demanded as they were finally restrained.

"Give me my sight back!" Tayna hissed jerking against the hold Emmett and Eleazar had on her.

"Tayna, listen to me," Lexi spoke gently touching her face. "You attack now and we all die. Do you understand. Not just you or Kate but all of us. Please. Think about this. Its what they want. So they can have a reason to kill us." They all watched as she and Kate calmed down, shocked that they listened to reason. Edward looked to Zafrina giving her nod before Tayna and Kate's sight slipped back to them.

Just as the much smaller group of witnesses tried going back to their original spots Aro gave Jane a small nod. Understanding his unspoken command, the small blonde focused in on Edward.

"Pain." That simple word sent the man to the ground, withering in such agony he felt as though he was dying from that awful disease all over again. In a moment of panic Lexi hesitated before remembering her new found gift. Closing her multicolored eyes, the hybrid focused. Blanking the beautiful harsh blue with a soft golden blanket. Calming their harsh waves once more. Feeling the power follow from her, Lexi envisioned all of her family that was out on the field with her. All her new found friends. Her mates. 

Opening her eyes Lexi watched in amazement of her own power, as it discolored the field around them. Protecting them from the Volturi's uncalled for attacks. Looking across the field, Lexi's eyes caught the red eyes of Jane who looked upset that her attack had failed.

Not being able to help it, Lexi smirked, happy that all of her training finally paid off. Jane went to go forward only to be stopped by her brother, but in an attempt to help his sister, Alec tried to use his paralyzing vapors. Aro, not wanting to take any chances of mistakes, stopped his young guard from his attack.

"As you can see, no laws have been broken here." Carlisle spoke, bringing the attention off of his almost daughter-in-law.

"Agreed." Aro started. Seeing an opportunity to continue his plan of war. "But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history, mortals pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us." He spoke, sounding genuinely concerned. "Maintaining our secret, has never been more imperative. In such perilous time, only the known, is safe. Only the know is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this hybrids, bitten and born, will become. Can we live with such uncertainty?  Spare ourselves a fight today? Only to die tomorrow?"