D12

Lexi's P.O.V

My loves,
I thought we would have forever
Together.
But forever isn't as long
As I had once hoped.
I know now why Alice left me clues.
Everything you guys will
Need are in your bags.
Seth and Leah will protect you
And they will teach
You about the Ticuna legends.
I know this isn't what we all wanted.
But for you to have
The life I always wanted to for you,
It's a small price to pay.
I love you.
All of you. You are my reasons for fighting.
Just know that my love will always be with you.
Love,
Your mother,
Lexi.

"

It's a romantic notion isn't. That a righteous few can defy a great evil."Alastair's voice rang out from behind me. "I must admit. You even had me believing. Well good luck. You're going to need it."
"Wait!" I called to him.
"I'm not staying if you're going to fail. And by the looks of it, you are."
"No, I mean I know. You can go if you want I won't stop you but I have a favor to ask." I started coming to stand in front of him. "You don't know me. Not well at least but, when this is over, can you check up on my children every once in awhile. Make sure they're okay?"
"Why are you asking me?"
"Because, you'll be alive to do it. Right now my kids have Seth, and Leah but one day Leah will pass and Seth and Rosalice will start their own life but my boys...I'm afraid they won't have anyone looking out for them. Please, I know you don't owe me anything, but..."
"Only because I know if the situation was reversed you would do it for me." He sighed.
"Thank you." And with that Alastair left us. I quickly grabbed mine, Jacob's and Edward's old backpacks and the stash of cash we always keep just incase. I put the separate letters into different bags along with the kids different passports and Seth, Leah and Sierra's. I then divided the money as evenly as possible, making sure they would have what they needed.
I just hope they grow to be amazing people and find all the happiness in the world.

The next day....
CHRISTMAS ⛄🎄⛄🎄⛄🎄

Lexi's P.O.V

Like I had predicted, everyone was celebrating Christmas at our house this year. I tried desperately to not think about my meeting with J. Jenks but every time I looked at my children I was reminded that I would never see them grew up. That Edward and Jacob wouldn't either.
I watched as the snow fell from the sky and sticking to the ground, reminding me that the battle would upon us in just two days.
"The snow is starting to stick." I whispered to Marianne as she came up behind me.
"Hey, we still have today." She smiled gently rubbing my back.
"Alright let's get this show on the road!" Lucas cheered wearing his dorky Santa Claus hat. "Hey! Stop eating and get in here! Seth you start us off yeah!"
We all piled into the den and watched as Seth handed each of the kids a small gift.
"Look momma!" Paul Jr. Smiled holding up his hand to show me the wrist band Seth had made him. Each of them showed the similar wrist bands in their excitement.
"Okay so this is actually a group gift for the imprints." Edward smiled handing me the envelope.
"It's a week-long trip to go visit Paul and Jessica in Paris. Colin and Brady will be joining you. A bus will be picking you all up tomorrow at twelve to take you to the airport." Jake smiled as I hand the envelope to mom.
"You'll be staying with Paul and Jessica at Carlisle and Esme's home there. And please don't mention any of this to them." I added.
"What? We can't leave!" She looked shocked before turning stare at my dad.
"Mom," I spoke gaining her attention. "We need you guys as far away as possible. We don't know what is going to happen in the next two days but we need to be focused and if you guys are anywhere near Forks we wouldn't be able to concentrate because we'll be too sick with worry. Please. You, Claire, Michael, Imogen, Sierra, and Kim need to go. Colin and Brady will go with you because they are youngest thus the most vulnerable. We already got permission from their parents to go."
"But..."
"She's right." Dad spoke up stepping forward to wrap mom and Imogen in his arms. "I need to make sure all of you are safe. Please. For me, go to Paris. Where it's safe."
She sighed, silently agreeing to go as we continued on with the gift exchange.
"Man when is dinner!?" Colin complained.
The rest of the day we tried to the conversation light and fun as to not dampen the day anymore.