Beginnings of Order

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Oh ok. Well, let's see... I guess my first question would have to be, do people know that the mythologies exist?

Rias: Some, yes, but only a few. The majority of humans are still oblivious to our existence and we make sure to keep it that way.

Y/n: I see. My next question, what exactly are the origins of Devils? There are so many versions and beliefs out there that I don't know what to believe.

Kiba: Oof, that's gonna be a long one.

Rias: He's right. I'll try to simplify it as best I can, but if your confused about something let me know. And, everyone else, feel free to jump in if you wish to add something.

Everyone gives a nod of acknowledgement to Rias except Issei who still has his head turned away from everyone.

Rias: Ok, first, you have to understand that among all the mythologies, members of the Three Factions are the strongest. These are the Devils, Fallen Angels, and the Angels. I assume you have some knowledge of the basic beliefs behind the Christian faith?

Y/n: Mostly, yes.

Rias: Good. Then you know that, according to the Book of Genesis, God created the world we live on and everything on it. When he was done, he used the last bits of his power of creation to set up a kingdom where he and his Angels would reside. That kingdom is Heaven, although we just refer to it as the Kingdom.

Y/n: That makes sense. After all, God's power would be the power of creation, right?

Kiba: Yeah, but what you may not know is that there was a bit of a darker side to God's powers.

Y/n: What do you mean?

Rias: You see (y/n), God possessed not only the power of creation, but also the power of destruction. When God was done creating the Earth and the Kingdom, he saw that everything was right and had no need for the rest of his power of destruction. So, he essentially threw it away.

Y/n: Like, throwing away trash?

Koneko: Think more like throwing away leftover food that you don't plan to eat.

Y/n: Ahh, I see.

Rias: Thank you Koneko. To hold it, God create a separate, wide open and barren realm to hold the destructive energy. That energy sat there for hundreds of thousands of years, seemingly untouched and not harmful, but in truth was dangerous and would have disastrous consequences. Unbeknownst to God and his Angels who were dealing with the division among their ranks thanks to the rise of rebellious Angels who fell out of God's favor and established the Fallen Angel faction, the destructive energy turned into something on a grand scale.

Y/n: What?

Rias: The energy accumulated itself into a physical being with it's sole will and purpose being to destroy anything and everything in it's path. This being was known as Abaddon the Destroyer.