Father...

——- Y/n's Apartment (Morning) ——-

——- (Y/n's POV) ——-

Father... why... why's he calling now of all times?

The shock of hearing his voice ring in my ear makes my heart stop and sweat run down my neck, as the chances of me just talking about him a moment ago and him calling now seem almost too coincidental. This isn't lost on everyone else either. Rias, Akeno, Kiba, Koneko and Issei all have surprised looks on their faces as well from the irony of this situation but at least they're making sure to stay quiet.

Father: How are you (y/n)?

Y/n: I... I'm doing fine Father.

Father: Good, I hope you've been making sure to keep up with your school work.

You've been away for over a month now, and the first time you call it's to ask me if I'm keeping up with my work instead of how I've been since my accident?

Y/n: Of course Father, I've been making sure to study and pay attention in class.

Father: I expect more, you're supposed to be ahead, not learning at the same pace as the rest.

Y/n: I-I am, but... a lot has happened since last week. I've been trying to recollect myself ever since my accident as I'm sure you're aware.

Father: ...

Let's see how this goes.

Father: ... Yes, of course. You're unfortunate accident. Me, your mother, and aunt were deeply concerned when we heard the news.

Were you really?

Y/n: Is that so?

Father: It is. Your mother especially. The three of us were at a wine tasting event being held at a potential investor's personal winery.

Oh no...

Y/n: Don't tell me, Mother drank... didn't she?

Father: ... (sighs) Unfortunately.

Mother is the LAST person who should ever drink alcohol, even if it's meant to save her life, she just cannot handle a drink. She's been intoxicated after taking one sip of a glass of Rosemary Mimosa. It's ironic because she can't handle alcohol at all, but Father And Aunt Shizuka are able to down it like it's nothing. Hell, I even remember one night staying up to see the three of them in the kitchen with a bottle of vodka celebrating some success with the business. But it wasn't just any bottle of vodka, it was a bottle of Spirytus Delikatesowy, the strongest alcohol in the world being an entire 95% alcohol. All Mother did was take a sniff from the bottle when it was opened and she was already starting to get intoxicated just from the smell alone. I don't know how that works but it's true. And afterwards she completely passed out from just her sticking her tongue into the shot glass she had, while Father and Aunt Shizuka were somehow able to down 20+ shot glasses and not feel anything the entire night.

Y/n: You let her drink?

Father: You know how your mother is. She's head-strong and determined to go through anything that comes her way, even if she is fully aware of her limits.

Y/n: She didn't take it well, did she?

Father: No, not at all. I received a call from the school about the accident once we made it back to the apartment we're staying at while construction is still underway. Unfortunately, despite your mother's intoxicated state, she was sober enough to hear the part of you being in a hospital. That set her off and she kept demanding that we leave, despite me telling her about the school being willing to pay for everything.