Absolute Arche

Tuesday (May 19th)

——- Familiar Forest (Night) ——-

——- (Rias's POV) ——-

Kiba: 3... 2... 1!!!

*CRACK*

Issei: AHHHH!!!

Kiba: Sorry dude.

Rias: ...

... This is the absolute worst.

It's been an hour since we were ambushed by these mysterious "hunters" who apparently live here in the Familiar Forest. Me and Issei fought one, a second took on Kiba, and the third went after Akeno which I thought would buy enough time for Koneko and Asia to escape with (y/n) back to the barrier that separates the secluded part of the Familiar Forest from where we originally came. Unfortunately, unlike the first time we fought them, this time we were caught off guard and it showed. Kiba handled himself fine, but me and Issei had a hard time dealing with our assailant especially when they managed to land a hit that knocked Issei's left shoulder out of place. It seemed like our fight would go on forever until both our attacker and Kiba's suddenly stopped fighting and threw down smoke bombs of some sort to escape. The three of us then made our way in the direction that Koneko, Asia, and (y/n) and ended up in an open field, but when we got there we were all very disturbed at what we saw.

Asia was kneeling in the grass alongside Akeno who had a lot of scratches and bruises on her body while wearing her kimono, both doing their best to heal a seriously hurt Koneko who was laying in the grass unconscious, trembling, sweating, and breathing infrequently while covered in small, visible cuts and bruises across her body and clothes. We all rushed over and after several grueling minutes of waiting, she finally woke up, but that small bit of joy was immediately overshadowed by something else. When we got there, it didn't take long to notice that one of us was missing... (y/n) wasn't here. I asked Akeno, Asia, and Koneko where he was and what happened to him and immediately their faces turned sour. None of them could bear to face me. Koneko and Akeno held their heads low, too ashamed to look me in the eye. Asia did the same but couldn't stop herself from crying her eyes out while desperately trying to wipe them, only stopping after Akeno pulls her and Koneko into a tight hug to comfort them both. It was clear what had happened...

(y/n)... was gone... taken and none of us knew whether he was ok or not.

Akeno managed to regain her composure enough to explain how they had all been ambushed by her attacker who moved on to Koneko and then to (y/n). That's when Asia mentioned the attacker threw a needle at (y/n) that caused him to fall to his knees, meaning he was likely hit with poison, and then they kicked him in the head hard enough to send him flying through the woods and out of sight. After that, the attacker glared back at her as she stopped healing Koneko to stand and protect her by any means necessary. She closed her eyes and turned her head to wait for the inevitable, but after a few seconds of nothing, she opened them to see that they were gone. That's when Akeno started to come to and helped her pull over Koneko who was still really injured and started healing her, that's when we came over.

Right now, Asia has just finished healing Akeno's more minor wounds while Kiba helped push Issei's shoulder back in place. But despite us being alive, everyone is still on edge and clearly disappointed with themselves.

Rias: ...

Issei: GAHHHH, THIS IS SO FUCKED UP!!!