Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed

Start from the beginning

"Works for me." He says shrugging it off.

"TRIS! NO!" Uriah yells now at me.

David shoots me in the left leg, right in my calf.

I yelp in pain, falling to the floor because of not being able to stand anymore.

"Tris!" I hear Tori say my name.

"Oh my god." Marlene's voice I recognize.

Will reaches out of his cell and strokes my other, non injured leg trying to calm me down. It wasn't until now that I realized that I was trembling.

"Up." Derrick pulls on the handcuffs, motioning me to stand.

I loom at him with pleading eyes.

"HE SAID TO STAND UP, GIRL!" David squats down to yell in my face.

I try to stand just using my right leg, but fail for lack of balance and not being able to use my hands. I look at my leg. The bullet is pretty deep and is bleeding like crazy. It needs to wrapped in something to help stop the bleeding.

"GET. UP." David grabs the handcuffs from Derrick and pulls real hard, hurting my wrists like crazy.

"I'm trying. I can't." I start sobbing.

"Sucks for you then."

He drags me by the handcuffs out of the door we came. I'm just dragging behind him like a toy or something. But the pain is making my vision black at the edges because my injured leg is being dragged across the floor, making it bleed more.

I don't know what to do. I can't stand, can't fight back, and can barely talk. I start to cry. It's the only thing I can do.

I close my eyes really tight to try and block out the pain. But it's not working very well.

We finally get back to the hallway my cell is located in after who knows how long of being dragged around.

"Beatrice!" I hear dad call my name.

"Oh, no." My mothers voice.

David picks me up; draping me across his arm while Derrick gets a key and unlocks my cell. He finally finds the right key, then puts it in the slot and it unlocks. He opens the door and stands back.

David throws me into the cell. I hit the floor with a scream. He walks in behind me.

"Learn not to take the bullet for someone else." He spits.

Before he leaves, he punches me square in the nose, causing it to bleed.

"Derrick, take him to the shower. Natalie. Come with me." He barks.

Mom pales but stands obediently.

She turns and looks at me, bends down and strokes my bleeding face with one hand and puts a kiss on my forehead between the bars. I start to tremble and think of the worst.

"Clean yourself up." She whispers calmly in my ear.

I nod, terrified and continue to tremble.

She removes her hand from my face and walks toward David. He cuffs her, then walks out the door to my right while dad and Derrick walk out the door to the left.

Where is he taking my mother?

I'm left all alone in the hallway with nothing to do but tremble. I know I should wrap my leg with one of the blankets to clot the bleeding, but I'm to scared to even look at my leg right now. It is throbbing erratically.

I crawl over to the blanket, and sit with my left leg straight out. I take a deep breath and look at it.

My jean leg covers up the worst, but even that is dyed a deep red color. I'm going to have to rip that off to address the wound.

My hand shaking, I slowly put my hand on my leg. Crying out, I keep it there for a minute, getting use to the pain.

"Okay. Okay." I talk to myself. If I can talk myself through this, at least I'm progressing. Who cares.

Cautiously, I put one finger into the hole in my jeans that the bullet made and I lift up.

I scream in pure pain. The blood had partially dried and was painful to get off.

I begin to rip at the jean leg slowly. Ripping it small bit by bit. Slowly and painfully.

"Your good. Your fine. Keep going." I continue to talk myself through the pain.

I'm about two thirds of the way done. But I didn't know that the most pain was yet to come.

Only a few more rips and I'll be done.

I get to the last little section where the blood had completely dried and had dried the jeans to my leg with it.

"On three. One. Two... Thre..Ahhhh!" I scream loudly.

Breathing heavily, I look at my leg. That part of the jean leg is off.

"It's off. It's off. It's off." I repeat in relief.

I just lay there and let the pain rage on as my vision goes black at the edges again.

I sit up and look at my leg. It's still bleeding, but at least that part of the pant leg is off so I can look at in closer. If I was safe and at home, I would defiantly get stitches, but that's not an option right now. What to do... What to do...

I take the blanket and press it on my leg lightly. It brings searing pain, but soaks up the blood almost instantly. I decide to rip a strip of the blanket off and tie it across the bullet tightly, trying to get to to clot. It brings huge pain, but I lay down, put the blanket over me and try to forget about it.

I use the blanket on top of me to also hold my bleeding nose. I don't know if he broke it, but it hurts badly..

I lay there in pain and wait for my parents to come back.

A/N-

Good Morning Humans!

Well, at least it's morning where I live. So good afternoon or evening to anyone else! Lol. I haven't bothered to get out of bed yet because I've been writing. My nose still hurts and I'm hoping that it's not to badly bruised... Eh. At least it's Saturday!

Have an awesome day!

Anyway...

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4