SIX

CHAPTER SIX
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. this is home !

storybrooke maine

storybrooke maine .

WINNIE HADN'T BEEN VERY FOCUSED ON WHAT WAS GOING ON WITHIN IN THE TOWN, instead too focused on serving customers at her bakery, offering a moment of time to her friends and family when they needed it- especially making sure to try and return Jefferson's scarf, only for him to show up to tea wearing a different one, telling her to simply keep the one she had.

"Don't worry about me, I've got more; and we can't have you freezing, now can we?" He had laughed, waving it off.

A kind gesture, that made her feel incredibly lucky to have such a gentle and wonderful friend.

Winnie wasn't completely in the dark, Emma visited her during every spare minute and filled her in on what was happening, a comatose man waking up and apparently being Prince Charming and Emma becoming the deputy were currently the biggest ones.

Christopher also told her what was going on, he'd hop up to the table during breakfast and say something peculiar like: 'today we're going to help Snow White find her true love'.

Winnie would quite simply fold a towel, tucking it on the hanger and humming slightly before investing in the conversation.

"And just where do you think her true love is?" She'd asked.

"He's in the hospital- in a coma, Emma says- but we know it's him- well... Henry thinks it's him."

"Ahh I see, and what about you?"

Christopher fell rather silent at that moment, mumbling out his answer:

"I don't know what to think."

Christopher believed in his best friend whole heartedly, but the day Henry told him that he was a fairytale character- it sat weirdly in his chest, and he wasn't quite sure how to feel.

Still, he trailed after Henry and Emma as they bustled about the town and seemed to find more and more evidence of Storybrooke being more than what they thought.

Winnie, of course, wasn't quite sure what 'Operation Cobra' meant either, but according to Henry and Christopher, she was part of it, which delighted her a small bit.

Emma had become quite a constant in Winnie's life. It was a welcome presence, to both women.

Emma kept her well informed, letting her know everything that's been going on. Winnie offered Emma someone to confide in, in laymen's terms, a friend. Someone that cared for her and someone she could care for, a mutual trust.