TWENTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. promises !

the enchanted forest

the enchanted forest . now .

IT TOOK NEARLY AN HOUR FOR EMMA TO SCALE ONE OF THE LARGE STATUES BY THE FRONT ENTRANCE, assuming her position in their dangerous plan. They figured if Emma could be around head-level with the giant, Killian could distract him as Emma threw the poppyseed powder in his face.

Despite knowing they were going to be facing a giant, neither of them were quite prepared for how actually... giant, he was.

The ground rumbled with each step he took, forcing Emma to try and claw into the stone of the statue and not fall to what would likely be her death.

Killian continued to create loud, echoey, metallic noises as he bashed things together— things being a large, clean bone that had been lying around- no doubt belonging to a giant, which he was using to bring down on a large gold plated shield, banging it like a drum.

The giant growled angrily as he appeared from the darkness of the palace.

Emma half expected him to recite some sort of 'fee-fi-fo-fum' line, if only to confirm that maybe some of the fairytale she knew was true.

Of course, she cursed herself for the ridiculousness of it, instead committing herself to figuring out how she was gonna throw the powder that high up, when the giant was still a good few feet taller than they'd expected.

Killian seemed to notice the issue, and jumped into action, beginning to taunt the beast, drawing his attention to him.

"Oi! You big git!" He shouted, running across the stones to try and help Emma find the giant in the right position to knock him out.

Emma tuned out Killian's shouts and prepared herself as the giant turned towards her, leaning down so as to grab the pirate— unknowingly in the perfect line of fire.

The bag of powder, when thrown in the face of the giant, exploded into tiny, wispy particles of a lavender-tinted grey, fluttering about in small, curling tendrils of magic.

Sleep took him quickly, and he collapsed to the ground in a groaning, snoring heap- but there was no telling for how long he would remain that way. They had to act fast.

the enchanted forest . now .

THE LEGEND THAT KILLIAN HAD TOLD DIDN'T QUITE DO THE FABLED 'TREASURE' JUSTICE. The palace was filled with gold- bars, coins, trinkets- Emma hoped maybe she'd see at least one harp or golden goose.