THREE

CHAPTER THREE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. nowhere is the best somewhere !

 nowhere is the best somewhere !

storybrooke maine .

MORNINGS CAN BE UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL IN STORYBROOKE. The sun wakes up and basks the world in a warm glow while the sky turns a lighter, happier blue.

Winnie woke up in the coziness of her large bed and duvet, the room was cold but her soul was warm and untainted by worry.

In fact, she could have stayed there all morning. If not for her young son, hopping up into her bed and cuddling up next to her under the sheets.

Stirring slightly, Winnie cracked open one eye with a tired smile.

"Hello, darling." She yawned.

Christopher nuzzled into one of the pillows with a gentle hum, but then giggled when Loaf came in and situated between them, his fur adding even more to the welcome warmth.

Winnie reached over and found her glasses, pushing the large frames up on her nose.

"You have school today, young man." She teased, sitting to press her back against the headboard.

"I know." Christopher sighed, rolling onto his back and starring at the ceiling.

"Well?" Winnie laughed, peeling off the covers and letting her bright yellow fuzzy socks hit the wooden floor. Slowly, she stretched her arms above her head and then down to touch the floor. Something she did routinely to wake her self up.

Turning around, she watched Christopher shuffle to sit at the edge of the bed, Loaf sitting on his lap.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Winnie asked, reaching to pet the small Corgi.

Christopher hummed in thought, "Pancakes?"

The woman nodded with a grin, "Sounds tasty, good choice."

Christopher sat Loaf down and got up to follow his mother to the kitchen, Loaf not far behind, his collar clinking against the floor.

Winnie pulls out all the ingredients and equipment as Christopher fills up Loaf's bowl and sits down at the table.

Just as she'd begun to make the batter, the doorbell sounded out.

Winnie glanced down at Christopher with a knowing look, amusement in her eyes, "Go answer the door, Christopher."

Christopher muttered an 'okay, mama.' and rushed off to the front door.