FORTY-ONE

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. wonder !

storybrooke maine

storybrooke maine .

ONCE KILLIAN AWKWARDLY EXPLAINED WHO THE MYSTERIOUS CAPTIVE BEFORE THEM WAS, a silent hum of understanding settled over the group- each of them worried for the mental and physical health of the now human-sized giant, and each with the intention that they couldn't leave the poor man to his own devices, especially if it were in Cora's clutches.

"So Cora used magic to make him travel-sized?" Leroy rhetorically asked, a hidden sympathy buried in his eyes.

"Whatever she intends to do with him, it's important." Killian added, regretfully observing the giant he had faced down with Emma Swan not long ago. The very same giant she had abandoned him with.

David turned to the pirate with a certain condescension in his voice, disdain in his features, "Oh, I think you know exactly what she intends. You're holding out."

Killian scoffed at the accusation, his good hand finding a resting place on Christopher's shoulder as the boy leaned against his side in a silent show of support, "And why would I lie? I have no concern with her interests. My interests lie only with myself, and the boy I swore to protect."

This wasn't good enough for David, who carefully nudged Christopher out of the way before slamming Killian's already battered body into a stack of linen covered wooden crates, a hand forming into a threatening claw at Killian's throat, "You're a lying, cheating, pirate- what makes you think, for one second, that I'll actually believe the 'good intentions' act?"

"David." Winnifred scolded quietly, understanding their suspicious natures, but not the thorny, lashing aggression that it nurtured. Killian's good hand raised in a nonchalant way, gently waving off Winnie's concern as he stared into the prince's eyes and dared him to see the truth within his own.

"I don't know what she's planning." He assured, producing a key from his jacket pocket and holding it up in plain sight, "Why don't you wake the bloody giant, and ask him yourself?"

Placing her bow off to the side, Mary-Margaret took the key in her gloved hand while David reluctantly let go of the man as they all surveyed the situation, staring down at the crate in hesitant thought.

"Winnie." Finally, David came to a decision, lifting a hand with a finger pointed towards the sky, before he circled it around in a symbolic gesture meant specifically for the woman mentioned.

"Where?" She muttered, observing the deck and missing Killian's curious glance.

"The higher and closer, the better." He stated simply, also looking around the ship, "Just make sure you've got a good angle."