TWENTY-FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. bring them home !

storybrooke maine

storybrooke maine .

HENRY AWOKE IN A BLAZE OF ANXIOUS PANIC, his horrible nightmares having unfortunately plagued his mind once again as he sat up, choking on sobs and heaving breaths, gripping at his bed sheets and rapidly blinking reality back into existence.

The side affects of the sleeping curse he'd been a victim of were cruller than he initially realized, and he wanted them very much to stop.

As he finally came to recognize the world around him— the wooden beams and cute, simple furniture of Mary Margaret's loft apartment— he began to relax as he realized he was no longer in that fiery, hellish room he saw when he closed his eyes.

The confusion set in, however, when he also realized his adoptive mother was sitting on the bed next to him, worryingly patting down his hair and asking questions he couldn't quite hear yet.

"W-what are you doing here?" Henry stammered as his eyes darted about the room, "Where's David?"

Regina's heart broke a little, but she knew there were more important things at hand.

"He got an emergency call this morning and he asked me to look after you... He told me you've been having nightmares." She reached out a hand to hold his in a small attempt at comfort, "It's okay, you can-"

Henry cried out in pain, and Regina's observant eyes went to Henry's hand, where a sweltering burn, still warm to the touch, had somehow formed within the skin.

"Is that a burn?" Regina uttered, horrified that her son was now injured as a result of this horrible curse.

Henry nearly cried, the wound still fresh, "What do we do?"

"I'll call Mr Gold, okay? Just stay right here." Regina kissed her sons forehead and pulled her phone from the pocket of a large shoulder bag she'd left on the floor, and moved towards the living area so she could speak to the man of magical means in a more private manner.

This left Henry to look down and grimace at the ugly sight his hand has become.

At least until he noticed Pooh, who Henry didn't first question the presence of, but rather the pup's behaviour

The fluffy little creature whimpered and whined as he pawed at Regina's shoulder bag, sniffing and huffing as if he smelled something and didn't quite like it.

"What's wrong, boy?" Henry asked, shuffling to slide his legs off the bed, being careful not to make too much noise or allow anything to brush against his hand.

"What's in there?" He whispered, glancing towards his mother in the living area and making sure her back was turned before he reached over with his uninjured hand and eased the zipper of the bag open.