Engine Failure

Prompt by: Janafo28

(Flashback)

Lena had been wanting to go to a beach in Miami for the longest time. You've been wanting to go as well but because of your work schedule, there was just never time to go. After coordinating with Alex and Director J'onn, you were able to get a whole week off when they learned what you had planned.

A week later, you and Lena were on the way to the airport to take a plane to Miami.

"Darling, may I ask why my pilot is not in his seat?"

Lena asks after coming back from the cabin. She always liked to greet her employees to catch up with their life. She's always been so caring like that.

"I gave him the day off. I'm flying us. It'll be fun to have the whole plane to ourselves"

You raised your eyebrows at her suggestively, making Lena blush at the thought of what you had in mind.

"I do love the way you think."

"Good, now come on. Take a seat. You'll be my co-pilot for the trip."

The both of you buckle and once you're cleared for take off, you make your way out of the airport.

Since Lena had been working overtime to make sure that L-Corp had no problems while she was gone, she was exhausted. She tried to seem like she wasn't tired but after several yawns, you convinced her to take a nap.

Lena is later woken up when she feels turbulence.

"Are we already there?"

She asks, sleep still clear in her voice.

"No. I think there's something wrong with the plane."

Just then, there's a loud sound and the both of you could see smoke from the right side of the plane.

"Baby! What is happening?"

She's no longer sleepy, clearly panicking and worrying to the point that she is almost crying. You're calm, not wanting to get her more worried.

"Lena, it's okay. Take deep breaths with me."

She follows your breathing patterns and when she's calm enough, you turn back to the plane controls.

"Lets try calling for help."

After turning on the radio, you search for the correct channel.

"That's weird. There's no one answering and now it doesn't even work anymore."

The radio wouldn't even receive any signal, no matter to what stationed you turned it to.

"Lena, I think there's something wrong with the plane engines."

Lena is no longer calm and starts full on crying when she sees that you're not kidding. To get her to stop thinking about what's going on, you give her a checklist.

"Here, could you read this for me, real quick while I check everything."

She takes the paper, forcing herself to calm down to help you.

"Verify flight response is engaged, initiate ring engagement process and please continue to page 28." Lena turns to page 28 before continuing. "Fuel selector valve check and then check outside to see if there's an emergency landing strip nearby."

Lena leans over the window to see if there's anything nearby.

Just then the radio turns back on.

"Wait, I think we're getting some response."

You turn up the volume on the radio so Lena can hear.

"619, we're on the coast turning southbound, over. We got you."

Lena hasn't heard a word that the women said as she's still panicking and crying.

"Lena, check over the list again. Please"

"I already checked the list!"

"Please. Just one last time."

She wipes away her tears and nods as she goes over the list again.

At the last part, Lena once again leans over the window to check outside and then gasps when she sees what's outside.

"Darling, there's..."

She squints, trying to see what the banner of the plane was saying.

'Lena, will you marry me?'

Turning around, Lena finds you on one knee with the ring box open.

"So? Will you marry me?"

Lena goes through so many emotions when she realizes that it was all set up.

"God! I can't believe you went through all that."

She hits your shoulder and then pulls you up from the front of your shirt, crashing your lips together when you're face to face.

"Yes! Of course, I'll marry you."